+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When I was about nine my father said to me - attack is the best form of defence.

When I was about nine my father said to me - attack is the best form of defence.

Why does Bulut think defence is the best form of attack?

Re: When I was about nine my father said to me - attack is the best form of defence.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Probably because our attackers are useless.

Re: When I was about nine my father said to me - attack is the best form of defence.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    But if you give them less opportunities to be useless, they'll be even more useless.

When i was about Nine, My Father said that he was just popping to the shop for a packet of fags. He never returned. I've never recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But if you give them less opportunities to be useless, they'll be even more useless.
    Have any of them ever scored regularly? Maybe the Bristol guy who’s still getting to fitness.

Have any of them ever scored regularly? Maybe the Bristol guy who’s still getting to fitness.
    Doesn't matter. If you create less opportunities, we'll score less.

Doesn't matter. If you create less opportunities, we'll score less.
    Maybe, doesn’t mean we will get more points, if you can’t win you make sure you don’t lose.

Maybe, doesn’t mean we will get more points, if you can’t win you make sure you don’t lose.
    Yes, that tactic is playing a blinder....

Yes, that tactic is playing a blinder....
    Agree, we are certainly punching above our weight.

That didn't work of North Korea in 1966 against Portugal. 3-0 up, just kept on attacking and ended up losing 5-3.

Read this thread and sang to myself..

"he said son, you are a City fan, and that's the way I'll stay. Always be a City fan, until my dying day"

When I was about 9 my father burdened me with Cardiff City. What a life sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    When i was about Nine, My Father said that he was just popping to the shop for a packet of fags. He never returned. I've never recovered.
    Mine stuck around and took me to watch Cardiff..

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    When I was about 9 my father burdened me with Cardiff City. What a life sentence.
    Ditto

I thought our strikers showed great accuracy when they managed to aim the ball directly at the keeper, and it takes great skill to avoid accidentally putting the ball in the opposition net.

When I was nine I asked my father why he called me Lola ?

When I was about 9, my Dad gave me an empty box on Christmas Day and told me it was an Action man deserter!
    He also gave me a pkt of AA batteries, that said toy not included!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    When I was about 9, my Dad gave me an empty box on Christmas Day and told me it was an Action man deserter!
    He also gave me a pkt of AA batteries, that said toy not included!
    Classic

The problem at home is we attack too much….and can’t defend counter attacks e.g. 2 shots on target from PNE…2 goals.

Take a head shot. Either way they're going down

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    When I was nine I asked my father why he called me Lola ?
    It was short for Lolita, he replied.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The problem at home is we attack too much….and can’t defend counter attacks e.g. 2 shots on target from PNE…2 goals.
    Preston were the worst team I have seen at CCS this season (not including us, not the United States, Splotty

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Preston were the worst team I have seen at CCS this season (not including us, not the United States, Splotty
    US eh?

Preston's striker scored for the first time in FIFTEEN months against us. Hiding behind, "our strikers aren't good enough and that's the reason we don't score" is a poor argument. The whole team lets us down, not just the striker or wingers.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Football is about winning, not drawing.