+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Note of Meeting with Mehmet Dalman 10 February 2024

Note of Meeting with Mehmet Dalman 10 February 2024

Prior to kick off on Saturday, the Fans Advisory Board (FAB), of which myself and Mike Spear are members, were invited at short notice to a meeting chaired by City Chairman Mehmet Dalman.

Also in attendance were Ken Choo (Chief Executive), Steve Borley (Director) and various Heads of Department at the Club.

The meeting was informal and was an opportunity for Mehmet to meet with FAB members including those recently elected who may not have met senior officials of the Club before. There was no fixed agenda and the floor was open to questions on any subject.

Inevitably, the January Transfer Window was discussed at length. Mehmet emphasised that player negotiations had taken place throughout the month but, as is usually the case, could only be concluded in the final days with some transactions going to the wire.

He stated that the Club's transfer activity, in the context of the Club's financial position, was under close scrutiny by the EFL under Profitability and Sustainability Rules (formerly known as FFP).

Members will be aware that there is a new focus upon Profitability and Sustainability and all EFL clubs were under the same level of scrutiny during the last Window.

I will be preparing a separate detailed note on the new approach to the rules governing the financial viability of clubs and will circulate to members in due course.

Keith Morgan
    Chair

Re: Note of Meeting with Mehmet Dalman 10 February 2024

tHANKS

👍

gRaT uPdaTe

(ahh i kinda miss those days)