+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last 17 games for City managers

Last 17 games for City managers

I can't recall who posted a stat, which said that Mark Hudson was in charge for 17 games, won 18 points, while Bulut's last 17 games have yielded 20 points. That has bubbled in the lonesome brain cell and I thought I'd have a look at other City managers' records for their last 17 games since 2000.

Jones 29
    Cork 26
    Slade 24
    Warnock 24
    Lawrence 23
    Harris 20
    Lamouchi 20
    Bulut 20
    McCarthy 18
    Morison 18
    Hudson 18
    Mackay 17
    Solskjaer 16

Trollope didn't last 17 games, unsurprisingly. The other manager, moved upstairs, was Bobby Gould. He had a better points per game ratio for his 9 games in charge than Harris, Lamouchi and Bulut.

Goals scored:

D Jones 28
    Warnock 25
    Cork 24
    Harris 24
    Solskjaer 21
    Lamouchi 20
    McCarthy 19
    Slade 18
    Lawrence 17
    Bulut 15
    Hudson 14
    Mackay 13
    Morison 12

Goals conceded:

Solskjaer 34
    McCarthy 28
    Lamouchi 26
    Mackay 26
    Bulut 25
    Warnock 23
    Harris 22
    Cork 21
    D Jones 19
    Hudson 19
    Morison 19
    Slade 18
    Lawrence 16

Of course, some stats will be a skewed by time spent in the Premier League.

Given how trigger happy our owner has been, statistically (at least), Bulut would appear to be on borrowed time. I'm not suggesting that Bulut should be given the bullet - I've said all season that he should have the entire season free from the threat of being sacked and we'll see where we are in May. But it would also be fair to say that Bulut is dining off what was a very good start to the season and, if things keep going as they are until the end of the season, I would be amazed if he's still here. Of course, I'd much rather see us find a way to improve and give us something to build on for next season.

I think it also deserves a mention that successive managers have had similar records with us. That can't reflect well on our board and owner.

Re: Last 17 games for City managers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I can't recall who posted a stat, which said that Mark Hudson was in charge for 17 games, won 18 points, while Bulut's last 17 games have yielded 20 points. That has bubbled in the lonesome brain cell and I thought I'd have a look at other City managers' records for their last 17 games since 2000.

Jones 29
    Cork 26
    Slade 24
    Warnock 24
    Lawrence 23
    Harris 20
    Lamouchi 20
    Bulut 20
    McCarthy 18
    Morison 18
    Hudson 18
    Mackay 17
    Solskjaer 16

Trollope didn't last 17 games, unsurprisingly. The other manager, moved upstairs, was Bobby Gould. He had a better points per game ratio for his 9 games in charge than Harris, Lamouchi and Bulut.

Goals scored:

D Jones 28
    Warnock 25
    Cork 24
    Harris 24
    Solskjaer 21
    Lamouchi 20
    McCarthy 19
    Slade 18
    Lawrence 17
    Bulut 15
    Hudson 14
    Mackay 13
    Morison 12

Goals conceded:

Solskjaer 34
    McCarthy 28
    Lamouchi 26
    Mackay 26
    Bulut 25
    Warnock 23
    Harris 22
    Cork 21
    D Jones 19
    Hudson 19
    Morison 19
    Slade 18
    Lawrence 16

Of course, some stats will be a skewed by time spent in the Premier League.

Given how trigger happy our owner has been, statistically (at least), Bulut would appear to be on borrowed time. I'm not suggesting that Bulut should be given the bullet - I've said all season that he should have the entire season free from the threat of being sacked and we'll see where we are in May. But it would also be fair to say that Bulut is dining off what was a very good start to the season and, if things keep going as they are until the end of the season, I would be amazed if he's still here. Of course, I'd much rather see us find a way to improve and give us something to build on for next season.

I think it also deserves a mention that successive managers have had similar records with us. That can't reflect well on our board and owner.
    I suspect Bulut's contract extension is conditional on finishing in the top 10. If he doesn't then given the dreadful football we are seeing I don't think there will be many regretting his departure at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I suspect Bulut's contract extension is conditional on finishing in the top 10. If he doesn't then given the dreadful football we are seeing I don't think there will be many regretting his departure at the end of the season.
    why the top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I think this may be one of those occasions when both the manager and the club will be quite happy if he goes..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think this may be one of those occasions when both the manager and the club will be quite happy if he goes..
    Could well be, what is it? Three months marking time on decent wages, job seeking whilst still employed, nice work if you can get it.

Looking at that list I'd bring back (Slade) or ask Gary Glitter to consider his options