Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
I think you’ve got a bit of a rose tinted perspective of last season due to staying up. I would say it wasn’t until the win against Bristol in March where we actually found a bit of patchy form. I think even as late as April there was a period we were only above the bottom 3 by a point or two, maybe even just by GD.

Having Huddersfield (Warnock) and Burnley looming as our last 2 games, and to a lesser extent Rotherham as the 3rd last game, felt like a bad omen. Those 2 always seemed like guaranteed losses.

In hindsight it was enjoyable as we escaped the drop, but having to play so many relegation rivals in the run in didn’t seem so enjoyable at the time.
Yes possibly, after we survived perhaps the relief of survival skewered the season... a wee bit of revisionist history perhaps - but we are so dull this season and I just can't see how the transfer window helped - Philips is a decent replacement for the injured McGuinness and Josh Wilson-Esbrand seems to have a bit of flair and pace about him, but the window did nothing that would make me think we are building a more attacking side - a problem we have had for some time