+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: demographics of Cardiff

demographics of Cardiff

taken from the ONS website.

Screenshot_2024-02-13-11-19-08-699_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

I was aware Cardiff is a big university town, but I didn't realise quite how much it is.
    14% of the population of Cardiff are between the ages of 19 and 24.

surely the club should be trying to do more to get the students here down to games?

Re: demographics of Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I was aware Cardiff is a big university town, but I didn't realise quite how much it is.

surely the club should be trying to do more to get the students here down to games?
    Could be worth it. If you're a football fan moving to the city you've probably already got a favourite team, but I know a lot of students adopt the team local to their uni for the 3 years they're there. Some will probably stay on to live in Cardiff too.
    Free student membership that gives you cheap entry for up to 10 games a season, something like that?

t

a fair sized group of Met students sat infront of us on Saturday, might have been 20 of them ( I know they were met students as one of them recognised my daughter and said hi and had. quick chat )

In fact thats the 2nd game we have been say behind a group, the Jacks game we had loads by us

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisation...lse/false/na/1

there's the link to see other areas, massive difference between areas with big universities and areas without

We used to have a 16-25 ticket price. I think the universities are a huge untapped potential market.

Offer the SU tickets for quiz prices or raffle sales or whatever else they do. Get a booth set up during freshers week with cheap student tickets and club merch.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    We used to have a 16-25 ticket price. I think the universities are a huge untapped potential market.

Offer the SU tickets for quiz prices or raffle sales or whatever else they do. Get a booth set up during freshers week with cheap student tickets and club merch.
    run a bus from the student areas to home matches
    sponsor uni sports teams
    there's loads they could be doing

Been saying this for years, 40,000 odd students, reckon about 4 ever go….

Are the 40,000 students included in the current population of around 400,000 ?