+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time is Up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time is Up

This thread has summed up how football fans have changed for the worse, everyone crying for long term stability and growth but ready to sack everyone at the sign of regression.

Build for the future/long term blah blah.... if you progress in a perfectly linear way otherwise get out.

Fact of the matter is 75%+ of City fans were seriously worried about relegation this season.

The fact that we've been comfortably clear of the bottom 3 all year is signs of a good season, am I disappointed how we've fallen away? Yes of course but it shows the squad had limited depth and once 20-30 games in standards dropped, something we all knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    This thread has summed up how football fans have changed for the worse, everyone crying for long term stability and growth but ready to sack everyone at the sign of regression.

Build for the future/long term blah blah.... if you progress in a perfectly linear way otherwise get out.

Fact of the matter is 75%+ of City fans were seriously worried about relegation this season.

The fact that we've been comfortably clear of the bottom 3 all year is signs of a good season, am I disappointed how we've fallen away? Yes of course but it shows the squad had limited depth and once 20-30 games in standards dropped, something we all knew.
    Bang on mate.

I'm always surprised by a fanbase that has mostly known second tier or lower football to be so up in arms when we are mid table in the second tier with a team of mostly freebies and loans.

Bulut is probably one of the better managers we could realistically attract that now has some idea of how he could improve this squad after gaining a seasons worth of experience in it.

I think given all that has been said by himself he won't be here beyond the season so step right up the next short term fall guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Bang on mate.

I'm always surprised by a fanbase that has mostly known second tier or lower football to be so up in arms when we are mid table in the second tier with a team of mostly freebies and loans.

Bulut is probably one of the better managers we could realistically attract that now has some idea of how he could improve this squad after gaining a seasons worth of experience in it.

I think given all that has been said by himself he won't be here beyond the season so step right up the next short term fall guy.
    That's fair enough. It's just that 'meh' isn't enough to sit through whatever life I've got left. Big shout out to the away fans though. Fair play, that's some commitment and puts me to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That's fair enough. It's just that 'meh' isn't enough to sit through whatever life I've got left. Big shout out to the away fans though. Fair play, that's some commitment and puts me to shame.
    That's for you to decide of course. It's all a cycle though mate, as you know.

For me the manager conversation is merely papering over the cracks of much bigger changes we need to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    That's for you to decide of course. It's all a cycle though mate, as you know.

For me the manager conversation is merely papering over the cracks of much bigger changes we need to see.
    The cycle of life. I woke up this morning and had forgotten all about last night's game already! It's the pashun of the moment. It's a curse being a City fan!
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 14-02-24 at 12:04. Reason: Upper case C on City missing! The shame.

When Saturday comes magazine had supporters of the other teams in our division predicting we'd finish 23rd this season. Only Rotherham were lower.

I'll take 14th all day though I expect us to drop another couple of places. Still progress in my eyes