+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time is Up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Time is Up

For Bulut.

It’s about time the hierarchy got their act together, appointed a proper manager and built for the future, not hire and fire after a few months. Get someone in and give them time to sort this mess out.

Re: Time is Up

Never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Never going to happen.
    ^This^ We may as well carry on playing manager roulette. That's more exciting than the football. The current shower doesn't have a plan. Never have. Never will. Spin the wheel.

The football generally since what October?? has been awful, as bad as last season much of that time.

I don't see the point in sacking the guy though.

Last season i'd have snapped your hand off for being 11 clear of the bottom 3 in mid February. With one or two small purchases and a lot of wheeling and dealing in loans and frees he has us well clear of any relegation. You can make an argument and say we are going to plummet from here but I don't see that. He hasn't been able to get most of his first, second probably even third choices, it seems quite clear the club made a mistake with budgeting for the window also.

I'm not really sure what people were expecting. After years of cost cutting on the playing side we are now at best a mid table squad, and that is where we are. We could play more attacking like we did earlier in the season but the goals would have dried up at some point as we don't have them in the team. In September people were moaning we were too open at the back and Bulut needed to learn from his mistakes, not surprisingly we have become more defensive but our attack is severely limited, not all because of Bulut, they are just a limited average championship attack.

It's a meh season. Mid table or lower mid table mediocrity, it happens. The crying is unnecessary.

Bulut will be gone end of the season anyway, then we can get back to appointing coaches from within for shits and giggles which is so much more exciting for everyone

Things wont improve substantially until there is a proper structure in place off the pitch and some investment on it. The first point, Tan could start oi implement tomorrow if he so wished, the second seems harder than ever given sustainability rules and our complete lack of being able to sell anyone for any profit.

From my perspective, for what it's worth...

I thought that early on, from the start of the season till Novemberish, that we had exceeded any expectations that I had.

The press conference interviews from the Manager and some of the players that he brought in, eg players like Siopis and Bowler who were both playing well, and with confidence at the time, indicated that they would not be happy with just doing well. If anything, Siopis seemed to be saying one of the main reasons he came was because the Manager wanted success, and not just be happy with the mid table finish that many people would have been happy with after the previous few seasons... me included.

This may have contributed to me thinking that perhaps we may get around the play-off positions come January and our owner might be willing to invest in what the Manager was doing. Ha!

Then as the results got worse, and the performances even worse, the realisation hit me that the Manager had done well to get a tune out of some of the players that we had, and the reality was that expectations were beginning to get out of all proportion.

Anyway, and finally, my tuppence worth on the subject...
    The Manager was given a year's contract, he started well, but now it's completely rubbish.
    I'd say that from now until the end of the season is a different test of the Managers skill set, one where we will perhaps see the measure of how good he really is. If he is as good as cracked up to be, he will be able to turn things around. Until then my judgement is reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post

I thought that early on, from the start of the season till Novemberish, that we had exceeded any expectations that I had.

The press conference interviews from the Manager and some of the players that he brought in, eg players like Siopis and Bowler who were both playing well, and with confidence at the time, indicated that they would not be happy with just doing well. If anything, Siopis seemed to be saying one of the main reasons he came was because the Manager wanted success, and not just be happy with the mid table finish that many people would have been happy with after the previous few seasons... me included.

This may have contributed to me thinking that perhaps we may get around the play-off positions come January and our owner might be willing to invest in what the Manager was doing. Ha!

Then as the results got worse, and the performances even worse, the realisation hit me that the Manager had done well to get a tune out of some of the players that we had, and the reality was that expectations were beginning to get out of all proportion.

The Manager was given a year's contract, he started well, but now it's completely rubbish.
    I'd say that from now until the end of the season is a different test of the Managers skill set, one where we will perhaps see the measure of how good he really is. If he is as good as cracked up to be, he will be able to turn things around. Until then my judgement is reserved.
    Totally agree with that.

Pretty much my view too.

The jury should still be out on Bulut but the evidence is mounting up in the negative column.

I don't blame or congratulate him for the summer or January signings. I don't think he was the main factor in either window. As a club we have been trying to assemble a competitive squad through a partial transfer embargo and with our heads banging on the Profit and Sustainability (FFP) ceiling. I'm reasonably pleased with what was done in those circumstances (more than many other clubs in our league) but it clearly didn't match the expectation built up by Bulut. Was that down to his naivety, miscommunication (or no communication) or last minute EFL clarification of what was allowed under the rules? I don't know but it had the manager threatening to quit.

The main thing now is for Bulut - albeit still learning about the league in his first season of Championship football - to show he has the skills to lead and improve the team/squad he has got. Can he drive and motivate? Can he set up a team - and change things during the game - to get the best out of the players at his disposal? Can he and his coaches improve players? Will he use younger players at the right time and in the right way? He's not ticked many boxes so far. Hopefully that will change.

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    For Bulut.

It’s about time the hierarchy got their act together, appointed a proper manager and built for the future, not hire and fire after a few months. Get someone in and give them time to sort this mess out.
    That's what the plan was when he was appointed

Now you are asking him to be fired already ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

That can’t have been the plan as they only gave him a 12 month contract, he’s basically working out his notice period.

Totally agree.

It hasn't helped us that every manager who has come in over the past few years has inherrited a team of players they don't want - they've do half a rebuilding job in one window - are given the boot and the cycle continues.

And as others have suggested on here our problems have always been much larger than the manager so switching now won't solve any of that. I'm as dsseffected as anyone about recent performances but repeating what we've done for the last few years won't achieve anything.

For Bulut.

We know it would be Purse.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We know it would be Purse.
    Can’t be worse.

Bulut is a dud. There’s no style of play, there’s no goals, no points and no progress. What is the point? Would you back him to make signings or improve this? I wouldn’t. This is as bad as we’ve seen recently, and we’ve had some shockers. Might as well give him a few more weeks to see if things improve and I hope they do but it would take an enormous turnaround for me to consider keeping him for next season.

get the **** out of our club bulut

For Bulut.

when was the last proper manager? and dont say worncock

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    when was the last proper manager? and dont say worncock
    By 'proper' do you mean successful - as in promotion etc ? - you only have 2 candidates in recent years - Malky and Colin.
    Was Slade, McCarthy, Morrison, Harris 'proper' and if so what was 'proper' about their time here ?

For Bulut.

Whilst I agree time is running out for Bulut, wasn't this what everybody thought was the plan when we hired him in the first place? The popular opinion was it was finally appointing a 'long term' manager... Not sure who is sorting this lot out. Squad bereft of both quality and confidence. Not good.
    Last edited by Bothroyd's Diving Coach; 13-02-24 at 22:19. Reason: Grammar

For Bulut.

It’s about time the board stopped hiring and firing, and they can start by firing this manager and hiring a new one.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    It’s about time the board stopped hiring and firing, and they can start by firing this manager and hiring a new one.
    The CEO and MD should start by sacking themselves and Tan get someone in who knows what he’s doing. Fk all chance of that happening tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post

He wont be here much longer the way he's performing. Don't like to see managers sacked but the quicker he goes the better.

This is like a bunch of kids in the playground

Bulut was seen as a good appointment in July

Now he's being crucified

Not giving him a chance to stop the rot is very short term thinking and will bite us on the arse

Bulut was seen as a good appointment in July

Now he's being crucified

Not giving him a chance to stop the rot is very short term thinking and will bite us on the arse
    In July? By who?

I'd never heard of him or most of the clubs he's managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That can’t have been the plan as they only gave him a 12 month contract, he’s basically working out his notice period.
    I think we all know that after the first two months of the season most fans thought he was a good appointment and should be offered a deal to stay