+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Time is Up

Re: Time is Up

Thank god quite a few posters don't want the baby thrown out with the bathwater !

Hounding our latest manager out with 40 points on the board is ridiculous

He's got to get a second wind that's for sure but some of our fans are like petulant schoolkids

When Saturday comes magazine had supporters of the other teams in our division predicting we'd finish 23rd this season. Only Rotherham were lower.

I'll take 14th all day though I expect us to drop another couple of places. Still progress in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    When Saturday comes magazine had supporters of the other teams in our division predicting we'd finish 23rd this season. Only Rotherham were lower.

I'll take 14th all day though I expect us to drop another couple of places. Still progress in my eyes
    I think you are talking sense in a sea of madness

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think you are talking sense in a sea of madness
    Lots of nautical references from posters today. Anyway, let's hope Erol can steady the ship. Otherwise, Tan's gonna cast him adrift.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    From my perspective, for what it's worth...

I thought that early on, from the start of the season till Novemberish, that we had exceeded any expectations that I had.

The press conference interviews from the Manager and some of the players that he brought in, eg players like Siopis and Bowler who were both playing well, and with confidence at the time, indicated that they would not be happy with just doing well. If anything, Siopis seemed to be saying one of the main reasons he came was because the Manager wanted success, and not just be happy with the mid table finish that many people would have been happy with after the previous few seasons... me included.

This may have contributed to me thinking that perhaps we may get around the play-off positions come January and our owner might be willing to invest in what the Manager was doing. Ha!

Then as the results got worse, and the performances even worse, the realisation hit me that the Manager had done well to get a tune out of some of the players that we had, and the reality was that expectations were beginning to get out of all proportion.

Anyway, and finally, my tuppence worth on the subject...
    The Manager was given a year's contract, he started well, but now it's completely rubbish.
    I'd say that from now until the end of the season is a different test of the Managers skill set, one where we will perhaps see the measure of how good he really is. If he is as good as cracked up to be, he will be able to turn things around. Until then my judgement is reserved.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thank god quite a few posters don't want the baby thrown out with the bathwater !

Hounding our latest manager out with 40 points on the board is ridiculous

He's got to get a second wind that's for sure but some of our fans are like petulant schoolkids
    Spot on.