+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 points from 17 games, failed to score in 10 of the last 18

Re: 17 points from 17 games, failed to score in 10 of the last 18

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Put a sock in it

You are hovering over the keyboard almost willing bad results

You are like the grim reaper week in week out
    The problem is Sludge, Eric is only pointing out the facts. Bulut’s standing was very high at the end of October and rightfully so, but things have moved on and we’ve now been in crap form for this season for longer than we were doing well. For me, from, say, late November onwards there’s been little difference between this season and the last one - one difference mind is that Hudson and Lamouchi were less willing to throw others under the bus than Bulut is (he’s in the Steve Morison school in that respect).

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im going to name a positive from this season, Rambo has inspired youngsters, I mentioned in another post, the mascots on Saturday, they either had Perry or Rambo as fav players ( with the higher % naming Rambo )

thats got to be a good thing

the start of the season had a pretty good feel good factor with it, yes its gone off the rails a little recently, but we all experienced it
    That’s a fair point, but I do wonder how many youngsters who were enthused by the 2018 promotion and were coming to every game at the time are still doing so now. I don’t think my love for City would have survived three and a half seasons of the garbage we’ve seen at Cardiff City Stadium lately if the same thing had happened in the late sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s a fair point, but I do wonder how many youngsters who were enthused by the 2018 promotion and were coming to every game at the time are still doing so now. I don’t think my love for City would have survived three and a half seasons of the garbage we’ve seen at Cardiff City Stadium lately if the same thing had happened in the late sixties.
    The point about youngsters being enthused this season is more than valid, my 10 year old has loved seeing Ramsey play for City, the early season also had Tanner banging in a goal against ‘them’ and Colwill showing some spontaneity and skill against those weird, Wurzel creatures from the other side of the bridge. Since then it’s been dire and no Ramsey. As much as my kid was enthusiastic the Leicester and Leeds matches at home have killed it. He may have been influenced by others in the ground here but abject surrender as a strategy isn’t enticing anyone through the gate. Last weekend he was given the opportunity of watching the Preston game and opted for a South Wales Alliance league game and going out with his mates. Says it all really. He’s stopped moithering about going to watch City and if I’m honest I’m not pushing it either as I’m now more a paying customer than stalwart supporter and not arsed about watching the crap being served up.

Early Erol had structure and some patterns of play. Siopis played like someone with ADHD and on times City actually looked like they were in danger of being a competitive, decent side to watch. I did have doubts about Erol’s game management after Ipswich away but for me he’s incapable of learning from any mistakes and seems far too passive in tactics.

I’d give Bulut to the end of the season but don’t think for one moment he has any intentions to stay nor City have any intention of extending his contract?

What City do then is anyone’s guess but there’ll be no Ramsey like signing to ignite any interest and it could be like Groundhog Day, City style?

God forbid, Ramsey retires.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The problem is Sludge, Eric is only pointing out the facts. Bulut’s standing was very high at the end of October and rightfully so, but things have moved on and we’ve now been in crap form for this season for longer than we were doing well. For me, from, say, late November onwards there’s been little difference between this season and the last one - one difference mind is that Hudson and Lamouchi were less willing to throw others under the bus than Bulut is (he’s in the Steve Morison school in that respect).
    I do wonder if his Morisson like outbursts have affected the players. Bulut seems completely incapable of getting us out of this mess. The line up against West Brom was quite different and promising compared to his usual starting 11 but is he really capable of finding a formula that improves our play, goal scoring opportunities, goals and points. I'm starting to have severe doubts.

2 wins from safety…..chill TF out everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I do wonder if his Morisson like outbursts have affected the players. Bulut seems completely incapable of getting us out of this mess. The line up against West Brom was quite different and promising compared to his usual starting 11 but is he really capable of finding a formula that improves our play, goal scoring opportunities, goals and points. I'm starting to have severe doubts.
    It's hardly buluts fault if the players concede a goal after 45 seconds

Until that second goal we could have claimed a point with a decent striker

He asked for help from the board but they have clearly not delivered

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    2 wins from safety…..chill TF out everyone!
    I despair at times , it's whinge whinge whinge

If we won the champions league people would complain about the possession stats

I enjoyed every home game as its better than sitting on a couch and writing expert reviews .

Ramsey as a manager could be an option as he ain't going to get much game time (good 25k per week gig that one )

If anything has done us in its the Sala transfer fee , lack of incomming revenue, whilst that exists FFP will kick us and any manager up the arse .

Bournemouth wanted too much wage cover so sense prevailed and he's now kissing the Tractor Boys badge .

Don't get me started on the incompetence of the board

Or West Brom could still have scored a second, perhaps we'd have got a winner, if my aunty had bollocks she'd have been my uncle when she was younger.

Players miss chances. It's part of the game. Players miss far easier chances than Etete missed on Tuesday. We've had players miss far easier chances against us and we've benefitted as a result. All part of the game. Not at any time have I looked to blame Etete for our result on Tuesday.

I despair at times , it's whinge whinge whinge

If we won the champions league people would complain about the possession stats
    Do you think we are getting better or worse? Do you think if this trend continues that we will struggle next season?

This infuriates me. Nobody gets help from the board at this level. WBA haven't spent a penny under Corberan. Bulut's job is to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. Managers of other clubs develop their players, ours are shit and stay that way.

Re we haven't got a striker, nobody has a bloody striker. The top scoring centre forward in the Championship is Ryan Hardie with 11. That's why half the division was linked with Moore. 20 goal a season, 6'4 centre forwards don't grow on trees. If we are relying on us to sign one, we'll be waiting an awfully long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The top scoring centre forward in the Championship is Ryan Hardie with 11. me.
    Thats an interesting stat. goes to show how the game has evolved, and in some ways not for the better for me. Yes we dont want to see hoofball but strikers seemed to be judged as much as what they do without the ball and their ability to press.etc as they do with the ball these days. Give me a greedy, selfish, confident striker any day.

Even some of the top scorers in the Prem are not what I would call natural finishers and the out and out centre forward seems to by a dying breed these days.

Go back 25-30 years and the English national team alone had the pick of Shearer, Sheringham, Wright, Ferdinand, Fowler, Cole, Michael Owen just burst onto the scene. Now you would be hard pressed to pick 5 out and out strikers in the Premier League of any nationality.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thats an interesting stat. goes to show how the game has evolved, and in some ways not for the better for me. Yes we dont want to see hoofball but strikers seemed to be judged as much as what they do without the ball and their ability to press.etc as they do with the ball these days.

Even some of the top scorers in the Prem are not what I would call natural finishers and the out and out centre forward seems to by a dying breed these days.
    Armstrong has 16 but he's played behind a centre forward and on both wings, and he's about 5'6. Whittaker, Szmodics, Summerville, Clarke and Rowe have more goals than Hardie, and they're all wingers or attacking midfielders.

I agree with you, God knows where someone like Earnie or Chopra would play now, maybe off the left wing. Strikers will come back into fashion at some point but at present, they don't fit the ultra possession snooze fests that so many managers like to use. NB, possession football can be very, very good but most managers aren't good enough to implement it.

Armstrong has 16 but he's played behind a centre forward and on both wings, and he's about 5'6. Whittaker, Szmodics, Summerville, Clarke and Rowe have more goals than Hardie, and they're all wingers or attacking midfielders.

I agree with you, God knows where someone like Earnie or Chopra would play now, maybe off the left wing. Strikers will come back into fashion at some point but at present, they don't fit the ultra possession snooze fests that so many managers like to use. NB, possession football can be very, very good but most managers aren't good enough to implement it.
    Often, most average players aren't good enough, either.

I think the demise of the striker is also aided by the relative demise of the winger. There's probably more onus on full backs to provide the width. Most sides seem to play with a front 3 but the wide attacking players aren't there to provide chances as they used to be.

Sludge staying on the right side of FFP was always the boards priority. The players brought in were Bulut's choice. The club had to wait for the EFL monitoring body to give City the nod to go and do the business they wanted to do. From what i know Moore was one of the deals that they and Bulut thought was in the bag. I did not happen as money and agents play their part. I am not slating Bulut or the club on the transfer business. A points deduction would be a disaster. The whole transfer market was very quiet this January; hardly anything spent anywhere.
    At the moment we are looking really toothless on the pitch under Bulut's leadership. I am not saying sack him. But if he wants a contract extension, he needs to start wining games or at least stop losing them. It does not help when he keeps subbing the most promising players. It is really disheartening to see mate.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Sludge staying on the right side of FFP was always the boards priority. The players brought in were Bulut's choice. The club had to wait for the EFL monitoring body to give City the nod to go and do the business they wanted to do. From what i know Moore was one of the deals that they and Bulut thought was in the bag. I did not happen as money and agents play their part. I am not slating Bulut or the club on the transfer business. A points deduction would be a disaster. The whole transfer market was very quiet this January; hardly anything spent anywhere.
    At the moment we are looking really toothless on the pitch under Bulut's leadership. I am not saying sack him. But if he wants a contract extension, he needs to start wining games or at least stop losing them. It does not help when he keeps subbing the most promising players. It is really disheartening to see mate.
    Spedger
    Given that any team from about 8th downwards has shown the ability or should that be disability to go on poor runs and given that under mad mick , morison , Hudson and lamouchi we have had periods when we simply can't buy a win my view is what difference is changing from another misfiring boss .....in this case bulut ....going to do ?

If we have a squad of players that are mostly crap and Ramsey is out injured for 5 months what can any manager really do ?

I think our forward line is very sub standard but the supply from midfield is lacking too

This infuriates me. Nobody gets help from the board at this level. WBA haven't spent a penny under Corberan. Bulut's job is to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. Managers of other clubs develop their players, ours are shit and stay that way.

Re we haven't got a striker, nobody has a bloody striker. The top scoring centre forward in the Championship is Ryan Hardie with 11. That's why half the division was linked with Moore. 20 goal a season, 6'4 centre forwards don't grow on trees. If we are relying on us to sign one, we'll be waiting an awfully long time.
    Given that there are 9 or 10 sides below us on points could it be argued the players at those clubs are shitter ?

You don't think its under his instruction they hoofed it up the pitch off KO?

Players play how the manager tells them to...the goal came because we lost possession of the ball and got counter-attacked.

How long have you been watching football? Because you seem to remember players from each decade that can run a lot but have **** all skill, but you don't seem to have any actual clue how the game is played...it seems that I am not the first person to point out your lack of understanding of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Often, most average players aren't good enough, either.

I think the demise of the striker is also aided by the relative demise of the winger. There's probably more onus on full backs to provide the width. Most sides seem to play with a front 3 but the wide attacking players aren't there to provide chances as they used to be.
    It is all tactical, or lack of it. It stems from our lack of midfield, too. Currently, our full backs come inside, or wingers come inside and we pass the ball around our back 4 and then lump it forward. Pep's team have wide wingers, Klopp's width comes from the full backs or the centre mids pulling out wide. Ours come from nobody

Given that there are 9 or 10 sides below us on points could it be argued the players at those clubs are shitter ?
    Well that's good then, let's just accept that this is all we can wish for, watching boring football as one of the lowest scorers in the league and accept that's our lot. Jesus Christ.

It is all tactical, or lack of it. It stems from our lack of midfield, too. Currently, our full backs come inside, or wingers come inside and we pass the ball around our back 4 and then lump it forward. Pep's team have wide wingers, Klopp's width comes from the full backs or the centre mids pulling out wide. Ours come from nobody
    But that is entirely a management/coaching problem.

Well that's good then, let's just accept that this is all we can wish for, watching boring football as one of the lowest scorers in the league and accept that's our lot.
    Absolutely. Apathy. Get what you're given and don't question it.

Well that's good then, let's just accept that this is all we can wish for, watching boring football as one of the lowest scorers in the league and accept that's our lot. Jesus Christ.
    Well unless we get a new owner who has a modern approach to the game then what do you propose ?