+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Siopsis

Re: Siopsis

He'd look better in a team that has more of the ball. He isn't technically good enough to play as deep as we are playing and it means he's constantly having to defend. Basically, tactically we're a shambles and he isn't that good to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    It's winter. He don't like the cold. He will come good again when it starts getting warmer and sunny
    also they dont serve his favourite orange juice brand with his breakfast.

how the hell does this freeloader get so much slack lol

He’s a good player dragged down to Wintle’s level.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What the hell has happened to him?

When he first joined he looked exactly like the midfielder we needed, crunching tackles, fast, busy, never giving possession away, in his first 5 or 6 games I thought he could play premier league football. Now he would struggle with non league, one pass tonight straight out to touch was ridiculous and he seems so far off the pace.

I know players have dips and lose form but he’s really gone from one extreme to another in a short space of time and it’s quite startling, there must be a reason behind it?
    i think he's been dragged down over the course of the season by the utter mediocrity of the rest of our midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    i think he's been dragged down over the course of the season by the utter mediocrity of the rest of our midfield
    he IS the midfield LOL hes in the starting 11 more than any other midfielder

this guy flatters to deceive with his running. another shit lawnmover with no skill or awareness for the game... or awareness for where the ball is when he has it

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    he IS the midfield LOL hes in the starting 11 more than any other midfielder

this guy flatters to deceive with his running. another shit lawnmover with no skill or awareness for the game... or awareness for where the ball is when he has it
    Siopis is not the only reason we are shit. Far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Siopis is not the only reason we are shit. Far from it.
    nope not the only reason. I think we all know the real root cause deep down even those in clear denial.

But siopisstaker does feature in most of our midfield's game time. And people constantly rip into the midfield..

i know i know..every1 loves a short guy who runs a lot and smiles. So lets not blame him right?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Reminds me of a certain Gary Medel. He downed tools after a few decent performances, yet still got given god like status by the fans just because he ran about a lot.
    Medel is still playing for club and country. Currently with Vasco in Brazil. He was sent off on Thursday against Fluminense.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Medel is still playing for club and country. Currently with Vasco in Brazil. He was sent off on Thursday against Fluminense.
    161 caps for Chile.

Players like Siopis and Medel do well as defensive midfielders in teams that aren’t defending for 90% of the game. The whole team is defending. So their role is pretty much moot. They do well in teams that dominate possession and can actually play. Then they can go be destroyers and nuisances when the ball is lost. Everyone’s a defensive midfielder in our team. It’s irrelevant when everyone around you is crap or underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    He’s had a stellar career, for sure, but I don’t think anyone could argue that he didn’t throw the towel in post Xmas.

He went from pit bull to poodle in the space of a few months. Not too dissimilar to how it’s gone thus far Siopis.

Hopefully with Siopis is just a case of getting used to the relentless Saturday -Tuesday, Saturday-Tuesday nature of the championship and he will regain his early season form.

He’s had a stellar career, for sure, but I don’t think anyone could argue that he didn’t throw the towel in post Xmas.

He went from pit bull to poodle in the space of a few months. Not too dissimilar to how it’s gone thus far Siopis.

Hopefully with Siopis is just a case of getting used to the relentless Saturday -Tuesday, Saturday-Tuesday nature of the championship and he will regain his early season form.
    I must have missed his "pitbull" moments.

He had a no-nonsense style haircut and cold, staring eyes, like a pissed-off Mike Tyson. City fans bought into the hype that he was going to be some dynamic 'enforcer' who could play a bit. I was totally underwhelmed by what I saw of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I must have missed his "pitbull" moments.

He had a no-nonsense style haircut and cold, staring eyes, like a pissed-off Mike Tyson. City fans bought into the hype that he was going to be some dynamic 'enforcer' who could play a bit. I was totally underwhelmed by what I saw of him.
    I totally agree and felt the same, totally underwhelmed with him.

Not to see he wasn’t a very good player but there is a reason no one in the prem picked him up.

I think Siopis works much better with Ralls as they both sit in a zonal area one on the left with the other on the right, neither are true "6"'s though and i don't think the double pivot works as neither are sitters. When Ralls is sub'd we fall to pieces as Wintle doesn't play the same role.
    Bulut has tried Wintle as the 6 and Siopis as the top of the double pivot but I just don't think Wintle is championship-level at that position as everything is a bit safe and slow so Siopis suffers, also having next to no targets to give the ball to doesn't help either of them.
    This is why we need to gove Bulut a contact now, he has found out what he can and can't do in the championship its a bit daft to have another rebuild

I think that's a really good point tbh. Let's hope he hasn't burned himself out already.

another fantastic match for siopisstaker. I didnt realise he was on until i looked at the team sheet again half time

He's gone from not being able to pass it 15 yards at the start of the season to not being able to pass 5 recently, I guess that's what you call coaching?

He has been bloody woeful bordering on amateurish today

yet still got given god like status by the fans just because he ran about a lot.
    Has he?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    Has he?!
    No he hasn’t , no idea where JR got that idea from. He certainly played well in his first few games but god like status is somewhat of an over exaggeration!

Gone backwards at a rate of knots literally. He can't wait to get rid of the ball no composure, he had opportunities today to pick out a player in front of him but passed sideways or out of play. I think Bulut as coached the positivity out of the player.

Yeah thought we had a real player and fan favorite on our hands the first couple months of the season, let's not rewrite history. With Ramsey and then even Ralls and Wintle for a while after he was quality - winning the ball back all over the field and short simple passes to get the ball to our more creative players. There was a game or two with Ramsey when it looked like it could be one of the best midfields in the division.

I thought he was one of our better players today . ( Which wasn’t hard ) I like him as a footballer ….. we all see different things

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    Has he?!
    No people praised him at the start and rightly so then questions his poor form. He seems to get more stick because he’s an actual Bulut signing.