+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Siopsis

Siopsis

What the hell has happened to him?

When he first joined he looked exactly like the midfielder we needed, crunching tackles, fast, busy, never giving possession away, in his first 5 or 6 games I thought he could play premier league football. Now he would struggle with non league, one pass tonight straight out to touch was ridiculous and he seems so far off the pace.

I know players have dips and lose form but he’s really gone from one extreme to another in a short space of time and it’s quite startling, there must be a reason behind it?

Re: Siopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

When he first joined he looked exactly like the midfielder we needed, crunching tackles, fast, busy, never giving possession away, in his first 5 or 6 games I thought he could play premier league football. Now he would struggle with non league, one pass tonight straight out to touch was ridiculous and he seems so far off the pace.

I know players have dips and lose form but he’s really gone from one extreme to another in a short space of time and it’s quite startling, there must be a reason behind it?
    Why has that happened with so many of our players?

I love the fact we'd signed Siopis (Greek ties). Loved him in the side at the beginning. Loved watching him. Now I would love to know what's caused his massive dip in form too.

To be fair, I thought he looked back to his old self for about 5 minutes when he came on, then reverted to recent form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Johnson View Post
    To be fair, I thought he looked back to his old self for about 5 minutes when he came on, then reverted to recent form.
    Yeah I thought that he made a positive difference when he came on.

Until he passed the ball straight into touch at the every end…….

I’m guessing he was sold the dream and is now wondering what he’s done

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why has that happened with so many of our players?
    A lot of our players haven’t really hit any sort of outstanding form all season, the likes of Wintle, Etete, Meite, Bowler, Ugbo , Collins etc have had some slightly better or slightly poorer games to their usual level but the contrast in form with Siopsis has been dramatic . I suppose the one other player whose form has dramatically changed is Ollie Tanner though he only hit top form for a very brief time earlier this season whereas Siopsis was excellent for a number of games before his form dropped off a cliff!

I also thought he was very good for a bit when he came on yesterday, for 5 mins or so with Ramsey you could see the embers of the side we were at the very start of the season. He was flying around and nicking the ball off players much bigger than him.

Turned it off and went to bed after 85 mins, so don’t think I’ve seen the incident with the pass but that’s not ever been his game.

His form from the start of the season really has dropped. I would say he has looked more like himself the last two games but it’s still not near the standards he set at the start of the season.

Reminds me of a certain Gary Medel. He downed tools after a few decent performances, yet still got given god like status by the fans just because he ran about a lot.

I thought for the first 25 minutes against Preston he looked excellent.
    Disappeared after they scored
    Confidence player I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Reminds me of a certain Gary Medel. He downed tools after a few decent performances, yet still got given god like status by the fans just because he ran about a lot.
    That's the City way. Skill and talent are far less important than brute strength or the willingness to run around all day.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Agree I thought the same that he was much better until Preston scored. Has he been carrying an injury - he was out for a while and maybe he has not fully recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Yeah agree, he had a lot of energy and gives his all but defensively he isn’t the best either. Him and Wintle together isn’t for me

Speaking of the guy called Siopis
    And in respect of a decent synopsis:
    Of his recent poor dribbling
    He said to his sibling
    I think it's due to my op, sis.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Speaking of the guy called Siopis
    And in respect of a decent synopsis:
    Of his recent poor dribbling
    He said to his sibling
    I think it's due to my op, sis.
    i have some that are a little more relevant

siopiss-taker
    siopassback

out of his depth and out of credit with the lawnmower fans it seems. Needs moving on, utter shit

He is always busy about the field, just feel he lacks that final killer pass, that the likes of Kav, Mcphail could deliver

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He is always busy about the field, just feel he lacks that final killer pass, that the likes of Kav, Mcphail could deliver
    how about a killer tackle for once? yknow one where he doesnt end up on his arse watching the play go on or chasing his own tail looking for where the ball went to some benny hill music?

face it..shit in all areas. Except the one that matters most to people on this forum...how many blades of grass did he cover??

I like Siopsis but looks like he’s ran out of gas. Wonder if the championship is a level above fitness wise where he came from.

It was a no brainer at the start of the season as could fill that DM role on his own. Not any longer.

I know players have dips...
    Tzatziki? Taramosalata? The hot one with feta? Is it a weight issue?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I like Siopsis but looks like he’s ran out of gas. Wonder if the championship is a level above fitness wise where he came from.

It was a no brainer at the start of the season as could fill that DM role on his own. Not any longer.
    Why does everyone type his name as Siopsis when it's Siopis? It's all Greek to me......

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why does everyone type his name as Siopsis when it's Siopis? It's all Greek to me......
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    ...no brainer...
    the devil is in the detail. Standard lawnmower fan

What happened to him has happened to a lot of players that come to us. It's the curse of Cardiff city. Every promising player turns to shit regardless of what manager we have. We're cursed i tell you, CURSED!

It's winter. He don't like the cold. He will come good again when it starts getting warmer and sunny

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    It's winter. He don't like the cold. He will come good again when it starts getting warmer and sunny
    Yes, this winter has been bitterly cold.