+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glasgow Rangers tonight

Glasgow Rangers tonight

What ridiculous stats against Ross County tonight, 43 shots 23 on target v 5 shots 1 on target. Final Score 3-1.

Re: Glasgow Rangers tonight

Eli King would have had plenty of time to practice his defensive side of the game then

[QUOTE=Rjk;5489617]Eli King would have had plenty of time to practice his defensive side of the game then[/QUOTE

He's cricked his neck watching the ball fly past him so many times.

Pretty poor outcome for Rangers after so many shots, guess Ross deserve some credit for keeping the score down, one might surmise that Ross Cty goal to attempt ratio was better??

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What ridiculous stats against Ross County tonight, 43 shots 23 on target v 5 shots 1 on target. Final Score 3-1.
    I listened on the radio , one more goal and we would have gone top for the first time in a long long time .
    Never mind , its coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I listened on the radio , one more goal and we would have gone top for the first time in a long long time .
    Never mind , its coming.
    Obviously not for the want of trying. Did Ross County have 2 goalies or something ?

Ross scored with their 1 shot on target. That's a strike rate we could do with!

I do sometimes wonder if what is categorised as a shot on target is actually a shot on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Ross scored with their 1 shot on target. That's a strike rate we could do with!
    it's not far off what Preston managed against us

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Eli King would have had plenty of time to practice his defensive side of the game then
    An interesting man-of-the-match at the bottom of this BBC report. 1.4 points clear of the nearest Rangers player and a point clear of the Ross keeper. I could be cynical here and suggest that his dad did the marking but I'm better than that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67768959

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's not far off what Preston managed against us
    True

Scottish league is pretty good this year. Rangers and Celtic going toe to toe, which is not uncommon but it's closer than usual.

Hearts also doing really well. Sell out pretty much every game and arguably the form team in Europe let alone Scotland. Lawrence Shankland seems a real talent.

Raith v Dundee Utd selling out in the championship this weekend too.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Scottish league is pretty good this year. Rangers and Celtic going toe to toe, which is not uncommon but it's closer than usual.

Hearts also doing really well. Sell out pretty much every game and arguably the form team in Europe let alone Scotland. Lawrence Shankland seems a real talent.

Raith v Dundee Utd selling out in the championship this weekend too.
    I have had the pleasure of seeing Raith at home (and not many people know that Raith isn't a town).

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have had the pleasure of seeing Raith at home (and not many people know that Raith isn't a town).
    Exactly, they play in the lovely little town of Rovers

I think they do after Gordon Brown made it known he was a Raith fan and that they were based in Kirkcaldy....Raith not being a town.

I think they do after Gordon Brown made it known he was a Raith fan and that they were based in Kirkcaldy....Raith not being a town.
    Oh sorry. I forget that most people would have remembered that comment by Gordon Brown. I missed it myself

Oh sorry. I forget that most people would have remembered that comment by Gordon Brown. I missed it myself
    100 lines for you Taunton. "I must keep up with the news"

Got me thinking though. Should Raith be twinned with Port Vale ?

100 lines for you Taunton. "I must keep up with the news"

Got me thinking though. Should Raith be twinned with Port Vale ?
    I thought the same thing earlier!

I thought the same thing earlier!
    Would make a good trivia question -
    Football-wise, what connects Gordon Brown to Robbie Williams ?

Would make a good trivia question -
    Football-wise, what connects Gordon Brown to Robbie Williams ?
    An umbilical cord?

An umbilical cord?
    Close, they both appeared in Take That , Gordon using his birth name Jason (Raith) Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    An interesting man-of-the-match at the bottom of this BBC report. 1.4 points clear of the nearest Rangers player and a point clear of the Ross keeper. I could be cynical here and suggest that his dad did the marking but I'm better than that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67768959
    Well done to the young man . I listened to the whole game and have to be honest I didn't hear his name being mentioned . Wickens their keeper also got a higher mark than any Rangers player . As their goalkeeper I heard his name on a multitude of occasions .
    If he really was that far ahead of anyone else he could be a great prospect.

Well done to the young man . I listened to the whole game and have to be honest I didn't hear his name being mentioned . Wickens their keeper also got a higher mark than any Rangers player . As their goalkeeper I heard his name on a multitude of occasions .
    If he really was that far ahead of anyone else he could be a great prospect.
    BBC gave him man-of-the-match at Celtic too but all 14 Ross players used got better marks than the highest rated Celtic player so I'm not sure what to make of it. Hard to believe he's outplayed everyone up there but if he's impressing against the Old Firm in front of big crowds then it's a positive sign for sure.

BBC gave him man-of-the-match at Celtic too but all 14 Ross players used got better marks than the highest rated Celtic player so I'm not sure what to make of it. Hard to believe he's outplayed everyone up there but if he's impressing against the Old Firm in front of big crowds then it's a positive sign for sure.
    Ross County lost again yesterday . Surprisingly MOM King was dropped , not just from the team , but the squad …..

Ross County lost again yesterday . Surprisingly MOM King was dropped , not just from the team , but the squad …..
    I'd noticed that, I assume he had a knock from the Rangers game (he got brought off early there) but I can't find any information. It can be hard to keep up with details when players move to remote footballing outposts like Scotland.

I'd noticed that, I assume he had a knock from the Rangers game (he got brought off early there) but I can't find any information. It can be hard to keep up with details when players move to remote footballing outposts like Scotland.
    No, no mention of his absence anywhere it seems. I see that Ross didn't have a full bench though, so surely he must be injured.