+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luton v Man Utd

Luton v Man Utd

Luton 0-2 after 6 minutes.....now 1-2 and making a real go of it....so much so I fully expect them to get the next goal...what a difference a bit of fight makes....Doughty playing well..

Re: Luton v Man Utd

Having a good go

Casemiro should be sent off, ref has bottled it in favour f the bigger team there.

Fancied Maguire early on for a red, and he's just been given a yellow. he won't last the game.

Luton just going at them and players like Casemiro don't like it.

Rob Edwards gave a good account of himself before the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Having a good go

Casemiro should be sent off, ref has bottled it in favour f the bigger team there.
    yep...definitely a second yellow...

I will always remember the name David Coote as the worst performance by a ref at our stadium. I can not recall which game but he was abysmal....

Just ducked one against Luton as Casemero should have had a second yellow

Rashford an absolute embarrassment.

Luton have to be applauded. They could have folded but have played Manure off the park for 35 minutes. They’re a joy to watch. Alfie Doughty is excellent, again. I hope they win this (everybodies 2nd team ) it could end up 3-5 both sides are so open.

Rashford an absolute embarrassment.
    I thought he had been shot the way he went down.......

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Luton have to be applauded. They could have folded but have played Manure off the park for 35 minutes. They’re a joy to watch. Alfie Doughty is excellent, again. I hope they win this (everybodies 2nd team ) it could end up 3-5 both sides are so open.
    Cannot agree more...much the better team apart from first 6 minutes.....none if this slow sideways backwards stuff....going forward at pace.....and no little skill....really hope they go on to win this.....

it will end in tears .

You have to wonder how the players can play like this week in week out, Warnock realised early on in our promotion season the players probably couldn't keep up with that kind of pace over 46 games..
    Luton, every tome ive seen them on Sky have a right go against whoever they play, they were great v Chelsea too. I imagine it's simple to sell to your players mind run yourselves into the ground and you just might be premier league players next season as well!!
    Bulut started with a bit more intensity and that soon died off with us, its frustrating to then watch massive underdogs like Luton clearly are, have a right ****ing go week in week out, leaving it all out on the pitch win or lose. that's got to be admired, they're giving it a right go and seem to be a tram their fans can be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    it will end in tears .
    so? at least they're trying.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I will always remember the name David Coote as the worst performance by a ref at our stadium. I can not recall which game but he was abysmal....

Just ducked one against Luton as Casemero should have had a second yellow
    Peterborough in our first promotion season and gave a ridiculous penalty against Matt Connolly versus Birmingham at St Andrews from which they scored the only goal of the game. I was always having a go at him on my blog, but, to be fair, to him, I think he’s improved a lot in recent years, he got it wrong today though.

Did not realise that just 10 years ago Luton were outside the football league...what a story....and a good manager toowhit....

You have to wonder how the players can play like this week in week out, Warnock realised early on in our promotion season the players probably couldn't keep up with that kind of pace over 46 games..
    Luton, every tome ive seen them on Sky have a right go against whoever they play, they were great v Chelsea too. I imagine it's simple to sell to your players mind run yourselves into the ground and you just might be premier league players next season as well!!
    Bulut started with a bit more intensity and that soon died off with us, its frustrating to then watch massive underdogs like Luton clearly are, have a right ****ing go week in week out, leaving it all out on the pitch win or lose. that's got to be admired, they're giving it a right go and seem to be a tram their fans can be proud of.
    Just hope that tram doesn’t go off the rails in the last 15 or so minutes

so? at least they're trying.
    they have a defense i would die for, their attack is as shite as ours

What great support at the end following a defeat....just shows...if a team tries....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just hope that tram doesn’t go off the rails in the last 15 or so minutes
    Easy BLUETIT

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Did not realise that just 10 years ago Luton were outside the football league...what a story....and a good manager toowhit....
    Too woo

I remember the Luton manager was available when we were looking, I said at the time what a good choice he would be, there was a mixed response.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I remember the Luton manager was available when we were looking, I said at the time what a good choice he would be, there was a mixed response.
    too boo too boo doo

Luton winning 1-0 at Liverpool tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Luton winning 1-0 at Liverpool tonight.
    I wistfully remember those twenty minutes we were one up at Norwich.