+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nail on the head piece from Paul Abbandonato

Re: Nail on the head piece from Paul Abbandonato

Bulut picks the team he decides what tactics we play he calls the tune. The players are made to look worse than what they are and that's down to Bulut.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He lost me at "Cardiff undoubtedly have the personnel in this squad to be far more adventurous in outlook" I don't see this to be the case.
    Same. They can sack Bulut, that's fine, then we will see how good some of the players are with a new manager. Bulut is poor, but people are letting the players off the hook as well. And i'm in no way sticking up for Bulut. We see the odd glimpse of quality and we wet ourselves. That should tell us all we need to know. Standards are very low.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    After at least 2 years of cost cutting, and in a league that has Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, West Brom, Watford, Hull, Norwich, Boro and Stoke in it - all of whom I am certain have higher wage bills than us..... Don't believe it.
    From one of Swiss Ramble's recent pieces on Preston. Admittedly it's a few years old but it has us at 11th for wages and we've supposedly been cost cutting since then so could be even lower?

GEgxPG0WcAIyZv6.jpg

We passed the ball poorly for years before Bulut was appointed, so he can’t be blamed for that, but he’s not improved that situation and I’d say we’re more negative now than we were before. Also, while I’ve no direct evidence to back this up, I think we’ve looked like one of those teams where the manager has lost the dressing room in our recent games against Leeds, Plymouth and Norwich -I might be wrong there, but, if I am then you have to question our manager’s ability to motivate the squad as heads have been going down too soon lately.
    As for the sixth best paid team in the Championship, I don’t believe it and I hope and trust it’s not true because if it is and the result is what we’ve been watching since the end of October, then I despair -for the future of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We passed the ball poorly for years before Bulut was appointed, so he can’t be blamed for that, but he’s not improved that situation and I’d say we’re more negative now than we were before. Also, while I’ve no direct evidence to back this up, I think we’ve looked like one of those teams where the manager has lost the dressing room in our recent games against Leeds, Plymouth and Norwich -I might be wrong there, but, if I am then you have to question our manager’s ability to motivate the squad as heads have been going down too soon lately.
    As for the sixth best paid team in the Championship, I don’t believe it and I hope and trust it’s not true because if it is and the result is what we’ve been watching since the end of October, then I despair -for the future of the club.
    It's always very difficult to determine how much responsibility of a poor team is down the manager - and while there is no doubt that Bulut has been dealt a very poor hand indeed, I can't help thinking that an experienced Championship manager may have been a better appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's always very difficult to determine how much responsibility of a poor team is down the manager - and while there is no doubt that Bulut has been dealt a very poor hand indeed, I can't help thinking that an experienced Championship manager may have been a better appointment.
    I think there's also an argument to suggest that not too many managers would get a tune out of the players at his disposal. While I don't think Bulut's approach is working at present, a part of the responsibility for our mess lies with those at the top of the club who have no idea when it comes to football. If there was a genuine belief that we could have been a playoff side with the players we have then that shows how clueless our board is.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue View Post
    Tom Ramasut. How he’s still in a job defies belief.
    I was mentioning this to my old man the other day. He's been here since November 2021 and in that time you can't say any players have really progressed. Decent players come here and seem to struggle with the basics. We play so many teams who are more adept at moving the ball than us. If you look at all the teams we've put out in the last 2.5 years, the one observation you'd make is that, no matter the manager, we always look badly coached. And he's the common denominator.

Also, that comment about wages is bollocks. The only way to accurately know what every team's wage bill is is through their accounts, which are not published until the following year. So that list refers to our wage bill from 2021/22 when we had several players on big wages (including, allegedly, Alex Smithies on c.28k a week). I would imagine our wage bill is now much lower, especially if we're under scrutiny from the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Same. They can sack Bulut, that's fine, then we will see how good some of the players are with a new manager. Bulut is poor, but people are letting the players off the hook as well. And i'm in no way sticking up for Bulut. We see the odd glimpse of quality and we wet ourselves. That should tell us all we need to know. Standards are very low.
    We're better than the players are currently playing under Bulut, it's shockingly bad. If he doesn't win one of the next 2 matches, he has to go as we're free falling into a relegation fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    And a one step forward two steps back coach.
    Might as well be “Suggs”, a one step beyond coach

7 of the starting 11 in. a recent game were signings he made, so surely we can blame him for it? If he wanted better passing ability sign the relevant players for the role?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Might as well be “Suggs”, a one step beyond coach
    Nah, that would be sheer Madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    7 of the starting 11 in. a recent game were signings he made, so surely we can blame him for it? If he wanted better passing ability sign the relevant players for the role?
    No, we were crap at passing the ball before he arrived and we’re still crap at passing the ball - Bulut hasn’t improved our passing, but he didn’t create the problem.

No, we were crap at passing the ball before he arrived and we’re still crap at passing the ball - Bulut hasn’t improved our passing, but he didn’t create the problem.
    I understand what you are saying, but he has made signings which now account for over half our starting 11. He could certainly have attempted to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but he has made signings which now account for over half our starting 11. He could certainly have attempted to do something about it.
    Fair enough, having Ramsey fit would make a difference, but Siopis has been a disappointment in that department and while Grant has his plus points, his passing is pretty poor for someone who once cost £15 million.

Fair enough, having Ramsey fit would make a difference, but Siopis has been a disappointment in that department and while Grant has his plus points, his passing is pretty poor for someone who once cost £15 million.
    Bulut quote from October:
    "I know Siopis because I took him to Alanyaspor. Technically he was maybe not the best but he has improved a lot on the ball and he showed also in our games that he is always involved and can build play from the back."