+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cooking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cooking

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I used to think I was a bit of a dab hand in the kitchen - until I remarried. my wife is from Hong Kong and is just constantly churning out incredible food day after day. other Hong Kong families are always coming to our house to try her food and to learn how to cook various things. it's genuinely better than any restaurant I've been to.
    the down side is she has ridiculously high standards, so if I cook something average, or typically British bland food she will sulk about it for days
    British food is better than Hong Kong Cantonese in my view. Can't beat a British Sunday roast with all the trimmings.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    British food is better than Hong Kong Cantonese in my view. Can't beat a British Sunday roast with all the trimmings.
    each to their own, but I couldn't disagree more.
    I love the UK but food really isn't our strong point, likewise Scandinavia or Germany etc.

almost all western countries have Chinese restaurants, selling an increasing variety of Chinese food.
    not many places outside the UK sell "British food", unless it's to British tourists.

I now do most of the cooking in our gaff.

We use Gousto. Lots of menu options and no waste. Really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    each to their own, but I couldn't disagree more.
    I love the UK but food really isn't our strong point, likewise Scandinavia or Germany etc.

almost all western countries have Chinese restaurants, selling an increasing variety of Chinese food.
    not many places outside the UK sell "British food", unless it's to British tourists.
    What kind of sophistry is this?

Other than Japan and the US, the countries with the most Michellin stars are all European.

If you've ever tried Home, Bulrush or even Heaney's you'll know British food is as good as anything in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post

Other than Japan and the US, the countries with the most Michellin stars are all European.

If you've ever tried Home, Bulrush or even Heaney's you'll know British food is as good as anything in the world.
    You can't beat a good Chicken Tikka Masala.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post

I like British food, probably most of us do as we were brought up on it. Yes i've been to some top end restaurants including Michelin starred ones.
    Hardly anyone outside of Britain has anything nice to say about it though, and there is a reason for that