+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh Farmers Join The Protest

Welsh Farmers Join The Protest

What protest the BBC Guardian readers ask ?

Re: Welsh Farmers Join The Protest

Wonder if the coppers are checking their tractors for red diesel.

https://x.com/statsjamie/status/1760...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Mark Drakeford has gone to war with Welsh farmers - blaming them for the Welsh Government looking to reduce food production for tree planting because they voted for Brexit.

❌ There is no data showing more farmers voted for Brexit than Remain

❌ The Welsh Government could continue with exactly the same scheme as the EU - they have power to decimate farms now

❌ They have decided, not the farmers, to look to introduce a requirement that 10% of land needs to go to trees and 10% of land for wildlife

❌ It is the Welsh Government ministers who think reducing the food for the nation and planting more trees will change the Climate, despite being only a fraction of the planet that would make little change.

❌ Wales no doubt will be a better place when Mark Drakeford leaves post. His legacy is one of decimating the Welsh economy, Welsh NHS, Welsh Education system and draconian rule through Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Wonder if the coppers are checking their tractors for red diesel.
    If they have any sense , they would just invest in a cheap clay filter and remove the Red dye.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    https://x.com/statsjamie/status/1760...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Mark Drakeford has gone to war with Welsh farmers - blaming them for the Welsh Government looking to reduce food production for tree planting because they voted for Brexit.

❌ There is no data showing more farmers voted for Brexit than Remain

❌ The Welsh Government could continue with exactly the same scheme as the EU - they have power to decimate farms now

❌ They have decided, not the farmers, to look to introduce a requirement that 10% of land needs to go to trees and 10% of land for wildlife

❌ It is the Welsh Government ministers who think reducing the food for the nation and planting more trees will change the Climate, despite being only a fraction of the planet that would make little change.

❌ Wales no doubt will be a better place when Mark Drakeford leaves post. His legacy is one of decimating the Welsh economy, Welsh NHS, Welsh Education system and draconian rule through Covid.
    Table 3 on this doc suggests slightly more Welsh farmers voted to Leave than Remain.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...4301671930436X

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Table 3 on this doc suggests slightly more Welsh farmers voted to Leave than Remain.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...4301671930436X
    Perhaps , but surely home grown products are have a better “carbon footprint “ that expensive imported goods and foodstuffs?

Wales is a farming nation isn’t it and something to be proud of

Good on them. The idea of losing 20% of your useable land seems ridiculous at first glance. I'm sure there's far more issues and considerations to it than that, but it seems like another bad policy from the Welsh Govt.

I can certainly see why they would protest and Drakefords infantile comments in the week will only wind them up more.

Farmers should try and adapt like the rest of us. Become more efficient with less resources and money. Stop claiming benefits (oops…I meant subsidies). Get on their bikes and retrain. Be nice to cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Farmers should try and adapt like the rest of us. Become more efficient with less resources and money. Stop claiming benefits (oops…I meant subsidies). Get on their bikes and retrain. Be nice to cows.
    If people really believed in the climate nonsense they would stop buying imported produce. Exporting Welsh Lamb and importing New Zealand Lamb LOL fking comical.

things getting ugly in France .

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    If they have any sense , they would just invest in a cheap clay filter and remove the Red dye.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but Agricultural plant and vehicles are allowed to use red diesel. Or am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but Agricultural plant and vehicles are allowed to use red diesel. Or am i missing something?
    When being used in an agricultural activity.

I've been in a car that was dipped by plod to check the diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    When being used in an agricultural activity.

I've been in a car that was dipped by plod to check the diesel.
    I know someone who was (I kid you not) filling up with jet fuel.

https://x.com/bgatesisapyscho/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

🚨🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Welsh Labour MP Anna McMorrin calls Welsh Farmers “Extremists”

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Perhaps , but surely home grown products are have a better “carbon footprint “ that expensive imported goods and foodstuffs?

Wales is a farming nation isn’t it and something to be proud of
    Drakeford, Born Guessing and Jez Piles (Welsh Labour) are anti business, anti tourist, anti private enterprise, anti profit, anti road. They are pro 20mph, pro tax rises, pro penalising any one in Wales for having the temerity of being able to buy another house in Wales although to their credit they did purchase part of a farm from a Labour donor - for experiments in crops that also allowed for a car park for the green man festival - only to then find out there are newts on the farm - so it cant be touched (4 million wasted) plus the 'international airport' - so far costing us 90,000,000 - and valued at 12 million which has almost no flights per day.
    Great work Sludge and Bob - you guys must be so happy.
    There is no end to Labour's talents

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Drakeford, Born Guessing and Jez Piles (Welsh Labour) are anti business, anti tourist, anti private enterprise, anti profit, anti road. They are pro 20mph, pro tax rises, pro penalising any one in Wales for having the temerity of being able to buy another house in Wales although to their credit they did purchase part of a farm from a Labour donor - for experiments in crops that also allowed for a car park for the green man festival - only to then find out there are newts on the farm - so it cant be touched (4 million wasted) plus the 'international airport' - so far costing us 90,000,000 - and valued at 12 million which has almost no flights per day.
    Great work Sludge and Bob - you guys must be so happy.
    There is no end to Labour's talents
    F*cking love newts. Yay for them I say.

Nowt wrong with newts 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Nowt wrong with newts ��
    ....don't say I don't spoil you....9,951 pictures of them in this link. https://www.shutterstock.com/search/newt

....don't say I don't spoil you....9,951 pictures of them in this link. https://www.shutterstock.com/search/newt
    Cheers, they're new newts to me. And to think some people are happy to neutralise newts! Newt doing on my watch; they are charming minute creatures to us neutrals

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    things getting ugly in France .

BBC doesn't report on this, yet tonight abortion becoming a constitutional right in France (which is great but changes nothing really) makes it to the website.

It's quite extraordinary how bad the BBC news website has become in its editorial decisions.