+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 mph roads

20 mph roads

Ive had to travel to Cardiff a few times recently to see my daughter in Cyncoed Campus, or take my youngest to the dry ski slope in Fairwater and I have to say that Drakeford has well and truly done a number on the roads in Cardiff.

They are ten times worse than the 20mph zones thats been implemented in Merthyr. You city dwellers have been well and truly shafted,

20mph in the large, wide roads in the leafy suburbs from Manor Way, over towards the Heath and Cyncoed.

The worst though has to 20 mph on the main road from Taffs Well, through Morganstown and all the way through Radyr. And also a speed camera at the bottom of the hill coming the other way from Fairwater to Radyr where theres practically no houses and almost impossible to not go above 20mph unless pressing down on the brake.

I think Drakeford sometimes gets a rough deal on here, getting blamed for things to distarct from the failings of Westminster, but he deserves all the abuse he gets for this 20mph pearl of wisdom.

Absolutely bonkers.

Re: 20 mph roads

yay this thread again

The main Radyr/Morganstown Road is ridiculous. Fair enough outside Radyr Comp but that should be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yay this thread again
    Where would this forum be without repetitive topics mun.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    The main Radyr/Morganstown Road is ridiculous. Fair enough outside Radyr Comp but that should be it.
    Ive only done it twice and already lost the will to live and my daughter is booked in for another 4 Sundays. Takes me longer to get from the Ty Nant pub to the ski slope than it does to get from Merthyr to Taffs Wells!

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive had to travel to Cardiff a few times recently to see my daughter in Cyncoed Campus, or take my youngest to the dry ski slope in Fairwater and I have to say that Drakeford has well and truly done a number on the roads in Cardiff.

They are ten times worse than the 20mph zones thats been implemented in Merthyr. You city dwellers have been well and truly shafted,

20mph in the large, wide roads in the leafy suburbs from Manor Way, over towards the Heath and Cyncoed.

The worst though has to 20 mph on the main road from Taffs Well, through Morganstown and all the way through Radyr. And also a speed camera at the bottom of the hill coming the other way from Fairwater to Radyr where theres practically no houses and almost impossible to not go above 20mph unless pressing down on the brake.

I think Drakeford sometimes gets a rough deal on here, getting blamed for things to distarct from the failings of Westminster, but he deserves all the abuse he gets for this 20mph pearl of wisdom.

Absolutely bonkers.
    Well done, I got through to you took a few years but you now understand, and some bellends are still defending it saying it's fine doesn't make any difference.

Five pager. NQAT.

You vote for donkeys with a red rosette....reap what ye sow........

wtf is a Cyncoed Campus.. is it like a food bank for the rich

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    I swear I always come off Llantrisant Road right behind the same Dacia Sandero every time I do the journey up to the A470. When those green smiley lights come on flashing '20' and I know I'm still doing 17mph !!! It's a long, boring crawl..

It makes no sense.

First Team

Personally, I think 20mph roads are a good idea in the right areas. It's the ridiculous inconsistencies I don't get.

I have a house on the B4557 in a village near Aberystwyth. The B4577 is intersected by the B4337 in the middle of the village. At the intersection there's a pub, a bus stop, a post office and a kindergarten. Guess the speed limit.

I dont mind it too much T.B.F, but it's by design.

Bulut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Exactly, the muppets will still get back in

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive only done it twice and already lost the will to live and my daughter is booked in for another 4 Sundays. Takes me longer to get from the Ty Nant pub to the ski slope than it does to get from Merthyr to Taffs Wells!
    Yep welcome to my world, I’m regularly around all the areas you mention…..think I prefer the solid traffic chaos in rush hours compared to hardly any cars and crawling along for no apparent reason. In saying all this, I thought today every car seemed to be going a little bit quicker, wildly almost hitting 30 mph. Like everyone has collectively just thought f*ck it, and has gone back to slow and sensible 30mph.
    Definitely doesn’t feel as slow as when the dictator first gave the order……

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Give us an alternative that doesn't mean more decimation of public services.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Bulut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Give us an alternative that doesn't mean more decimation of public services.
    What decent public services are left anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What decent public services are left anyway?
    Exactly. They've all been underfunded and decimated since 2010. You might say deliberately so, so people don't care any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Exactly, the muppets will still get back in
    You'd think the Tories would be all over this but a promise to reverse the legislation ? Not in a million years.

Also the residents of Radyr were campaigning for a 20mph zone in their village for years.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yep welcome to my world, I’m regularly around all the areas you mention…..think I prefer the solid traffic chaos in rush hours compared to hardly any cars and crawling along for no apparent reason. In saying all this, I thought today every car seemed to be going a little bit quicker, wildly almost hitting 30 mph. Like everyone has collectively just thought f*ck it, and has gone back to slow and sensible 30mph.
    Definitely doesn’t feel as slow as when the dictator first gave the order……
    It is my view that if drivers had kept to the 30mph speed limit there would not have been the need to reduce it to 20. Even when it was 30 most drivers pushed it, myself included.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68348709

Drivers on roads with default 20mph limits have cut 4mph from their average speeds, according to the first set of figures from Transport for Wales.

Road sensors measured speed from 3.4 million vehicles across nine locations in Wales over a two-week period at the end of November and start of December.

It found the average speed was 24.8mph.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68348709

Drivers on roads with default 20mph limits have cut 4mph from their average speeds, according to the first set of figures from Transport for Wales.

Road sensors measured speed from 3.4 million vehicles across nine locations in Wales over a two-week period at the end of November and start of December.

It found the average speed was 24.8mph.
    Makes perfect sense as you won't get fined until you're doing 26 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You'd think the Tories would be all over this but a promise to reverse the legislation ? Not in a million years.

Also the residents of Radyr were campaigning for a 20mph zone in their village for years.
    Non-drivers who stood on Heol Isaf pointing hairdryers! I remember