+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 mph roads

Re: 20 mph roads

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just avoid the speed cameras and you’ll be ok, the police haven’t the time for it. even they know it’s a load of bollocks.
    You’ll be lucky to get up to 30 of most cardiff roads anyway so trudging along around 25-30/ is the best you’ll get anyway. If you feel like going wild there’s always eastern avenue where you can go mental at 50 or even 60 in the evening…..
    I see a few roads now where 30 signs have gone up as 20 was just ridiculous. As mentioned earlier in the thread the worst people are those now driving at 15 - 16. Worse still are the ones who stay at that speed or maybe edge towards 20 when the roads are clearly marked as 30 or 40. Llantrisant Rd out of Cardiff is a good example. So frustrating to drive along.

Has anyone ever been done by the speed camera on Eastern Avenue heading in to Cardiff. Just before the Heath. For as long as I can remember Ive always dropped to 40 to go past it. I've never ever seen it flash anybody.

Another token camera seems to be the one on Nantgarw Hill. Never seen it go off and lots of people are happy doing 45 or a little bit more as they go by as it seems dormant.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I see a few roads now where 30 signs have gone up as 20 was just ridiculous. As mentioned earlier in the thread the worst people are those now driving at 15 - 16. Worse still are the ones who stay at that speed or maybe edge towards 20 when the roads are clearly marked as 30 or 40. Llantrisant Rd out of Cardiff is a good example. So frustrating to drive along.

Has anyone ever been done by the speed camera on Eastern Avenue heading in to Cardiff. Just before the Heath. For as long as I can remember Ive always dropped to 40 to go past it. I've never ever seen it flash anybody.

Another token camera seems to be the one on Nantgarw Hill. Never seen it go off and lots of people are happy doing 45 or a little bit more as they go by as it seems dormant.
    yes that was my first speeding fine by the heath hospital but that was a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I'm pretty sure the Nantgarw camera hasn't worked for years. They resurfaced the road some years ago but didn't put the road markers back for years and as you probably know they can't prosecute without said markes. They put the markers back a couple of years ago but I still think its not working as it hasn't pointed downhill for years and it's the old type that needs the camera roll changed
    and not digital. Having said all that it still works as a deterant as you always see the many brake lights going off as drivers approach it.

There was a mobile camera on the a470 today as you approach taffs well I think, plenty of people seemed to be bombing down, must have made a fortune today.

There was a mobile camera on the a470 today as you approach taffs well I think, plenty of people seemed to be bombing down, must have made a fortune today.
    Good do not speed,easy.

International

Where the mobile cameras are going to be each week is published. All you have to do is look to see if they are in your usual area.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Where the mobile cameras are going to be each week is published. All you have to do is look to see if they are in your usual area.
    They are generally a list of where cameras might be placed. The lists don't change much.