This has just come about within the last couple of hours, but, from today, I will not be publishing anything else on Mauve and Yellow Army unless there is someone on here who can sort out the problem I have encountered this morning.

When I tried to log in this morning to do the latest Seven decades quiz the following appeared;-,

"There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress."

Apparently, this is a fairly common happening which can be fixed, but not by someone with my limited knowledge of things like FTP sites. I look at the complicated instructions on fixing it that I've come across and think even if I knew what they were talking about, is it worth the effort? On balance, I still think it is, but I must admit that the last few years worth of awful football and poor decision making by the club means that I answer that question with a lot less enthusiasm than I once would have.

So, if you are one of those generous people who have been supporting the blog through a monthly standing order, you should cancel it - thank you all very much for your support down the years.

Before Mauve and Yellow Army started in 2009, I used to do reaction pieces on here and my plan is to go back to doing them from now on, so I will still be posting reaction pieces and I'll keep on doing quizzes for the handful(!) who bother with them. In that respect, nothing will change if you were someone who used to access my Mauve and Yellow Army pieces on here. I'll also keep on posing something on the colonel's site, I can post links to the thread on here on Twitter and I think I should be able to keep on putting something on Patreon, so I think everyone who accessed Mauve and Yellow Army should have a way of still accessing what I write if they want to.

Mods, can you make this is a sticky please so that those who have supported the blog financially get a better chance of knowing what is happening please..