+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The end of Mauve and Yellow Army.

Re: The end of Mauve and Yellow Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I too think that is likely.....and a sound way forward...but if I understand correctly, Bob would be a bit wary of doing that. If they worked 'yesterday' and he has not changed anything, then it must be something that the hosting company has changed that makes something (maybe a plugin...) incompatible. The hosting company would no doubt have had similar issues reported by other users.
    Yes, I think that could well be the problem - plug it in.
    Seriously, I do have the foggiest idea what you are all talking about. Good luck anyway..

Wait and see what the hosting come back with. WP plugins and WP itself can auto update if it's a serious fix - that could have affected the plugins.

When you get an update from the hosting Co update the thread.
    Should be straight forward to fix

Paul, I'll PM you later.

I've fixed Wordpress plug in errors before, Will need some details from you

Would appreciate this continuing. I always find myself agreeing with your analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Would appreciate this continuing. I always find myself agreeing with your analysis.
    And me. About the only place you can find objective analysis of City perormances.

Noooooo.

I’ve not been able to make it to a game this season due to ill health, some may say that may be a good thing. While I’ve not had the usual pre/after match talk about the game, your blog has taken it’s place in the most part. I’ll miss it if it does go but glad you plan to keep on writing.

Bulut out. …. It’s all his fault.

Seriously Paul, I hope you resolve the issue. Your approach is honest & transparent and reflects our views as fans. Unlike the drivel from so called professional journalists. Sorry I can’t help with the IT stuff, that’s what my sons are for!

I see https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/ is back online

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bugger.

Joking, obviously. Great news!

It is your choice to carry on with the Mauve and Yellow army.

However, all I will say is... I enjoy your measured reports, and whenever my Grandson and I are going to the City, I am always referencing one of the best summarisers of City matches... and it is either "the mauve and yellow army" or "the other bob wilson".

No pressure, but don't let another enjoyable part of following the City be eroded away by modern day acceptance of mediocrity.

I'm still seeing a critical error when clicking on the older links so there's a database conflict issue somewhere. The latest post and front page are showing up with no problem. Including the comments section. Your hosting company should sort this out for you Paul. All the suggestions from everyone are sound and it's solvable. Phone them and ticket them until they get sorted for you (the hosting company!).

Just tried it on iOS and the same thing so it doesn't seem to be a cache problem on my end. Just to add the homepage was showing up OK earlier today too.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'm still seeing a critical error when clicking on the older links so there's a database conflict issue somewhere. The latest post and front page are showing up with no problem. Including the comments section. Your hosting company should sort this out for you Paul. All the suggestions from everyone are sound and it's solvable. Phone them and ticket them until they get sorted for you (the hosting company!).

Just tried it on iOS and the same thing so it doesn't seem to be a cache problem on my end. Just to add the homepage was showing up OK earlier today too.
    I just opened Paul's Website, whacked the top of my laptop and everything is working fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I just opened Paul's Website, whacked the top of my laptop and everything is working fine now.
    .....I'm having an early night but tomorrow I'll try switching mine on again after it's cooled off.

.....I'm having an early night but tomorrow I'll try switching mine on again after it's cooled off.
    It is probably not helping the other bob wilson, but in this instance you can't go wrong with "turning it off and turn it back on again".

Yes, I’ve just had a quick look and none of the links to the old stuff is working or the links to Feedback, the link to other sites in the blog roll section is working. It seems that all you can do is access the two latest stories on the front page.

I’ll have another go at contacting the web hosting company in a couple of hours and then I’ll answer your pm Mike.

Good news everyone (well, maybe not everyone, I'm sure there are those who don't like my blog), I had an on line chat with the hosting company and they were able to fix the problem, so the blog is up and running again. I've no idea what the problem was or how they fixed it, but, having checked what wasn't working before, it all seems fine now.

Brilliant news - good to hear. Looking forward to the next accurate write up of our next moribund performance.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good news everyone (well, maybe not everyone, I'm sure there are those who don't like my blog), I had an on line chat with the hosting company and they were able to fix the problem, so the blog is up and running again. I've no idea what the problem was or how they fixed it, but, having checked what wasn't working before, it all seems fine now.
    Great news, Paul. Your blog has risen to the status of being an, 'Institution,' as far as this fan is concerned. I'm so pleased for you and us that the issue has been resolved.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Brilliant news - good to hear. Looking forward to the next accurate write up of our next moribund performance.
    Perhaps I could help...

"Just when you though things couldn't get any worse, along came Stoke City, a team in freefall with a worse......."

Great news. It’s the best city read there is.

That's great news. I have not been able to do the quiz for about a month but I have read the blog and always really enjoyed it and thank you for your time writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Great news. It’s the best city read there is.
    Certainly more accurate than anything WOL would report, it’s like comical Ali has taken residence with those clowns as they describe another heroic defeat, where we repelled the aggressor and limited them to only four goals against us!!!
    Our glorious heroes lead by the tactical genius remained steadfast in their task of not crossing the halfway line and held their position to a man.

Seriously keep up the good work 👍

Great news.

Maybe we don't say it enough, but many of us really appreciate your writing Paul and glad you will carry on, despite the desperate football and technical issues.

I lived out of the country for 14 years and even now I'm back i still travel quite a bit and miss quite a few games, so your reports and quizzes have been really appreciated.

Even when i get to games (most this season), i still enjoy ('enjoy' is doing some heavy lifting there), your reports which usually confirm my own observations and reflections of city.

There is of course some comfort in communal melancholy, which your reports offers.