+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds v Leicester

Leeds v Leicester

10 minutes in, no score, both sides started brightly.

Re: Leeds v Leicester

Leicester one up

Compare this to us v Blackburn on Tuesday. Sickening just how far we've dropped in standard

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Compare this to us v Blackburn on Tuesday. Sickening just how far we've dropped in standard
    Imagine us being in the same league as these two...........same division, yes, but not the same league.

Coventry 0 Preston 3.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Imagine us being in the same league as these two...........same division, yes, but not the same league.
    Our first premier season we were at least one division above both. How times have changed

They’re both playing a different game to us, I know they’ve got far more than us in terms of playing and financial resources, but this could be a game dominated by fear of the opposition, yet they’re both playing with such ambition - we played like we were scared stiff of a Blackburn side that had won in eleven in the last quarter of Tuesday’s game.

One does wonder where/why it all went downhill...although we all have our opinions.

I wonder if our players (manager?) are watching this and the pace with which they attack.

40 minutes gone, took us and Blackburn about two hours to get to 40 minutes the other night. Good, fast football makes the time fly by.

We wouldn’t have their championship budget in the prem. Their squad are light years ahead of us, financially and quality.

With the Welsh lads in their ranks, I’d normally be rooting for such a side…. Can’t with Leeds though

Should be 0-2...disallowed goal wrongly. Could have been 0-3. Leeds now pressing. Cracking game.

Leicester miss yet another great chance....

Leicester’s disallowed goal, ten or so minutes ago, should have stood then according to replays. That second would/could be vital. Dear God though they’re missing some sitters.

There it is, Conor Roberts. 1-1. A linesman’s mistake and Leicester’s profligacy is biting them on the arse.

2-1 Leeds

Deflection, but good work from the 17 year old Archie Grey....

..best game I have watched for ages.....two teams having a right go..

The record number of wins for a 46 game 2nd tier season stands at 31, set by Leicester, Man City, Reading and Sunderland. Even if they fail to win tonight, they'll only need 7 wins from 12 games (58%) when their current win rate stands at 74%.

Across all divisions, the most wins in a season stands at 32, by Villa (Div 3 -1972), Lincoln (Div 4 - 1976) and Swindon (Div 4 - 1986). That record certainly isn't beyond reach, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Deflection, but good work from the 17 year old Archie Grey....

..best game I have watched for ages.....two teams having a right go..
    It is, isn’t it, Leicester look shell shocked. Not surprised really, they’ve been the better team but that means bugger all does it. Ball in the net is the name of the game.

[QUOTE=splott parker;5492000]With the Welsh lads in their ranks, I’d normally be rooting for such a side…. Can’t with Leeds though [/QUOTE

My observations

Connor Roberts is sporting a hitleresque look

Neither good enough on this showing to survive in the prem without more investment

Craig Lawson remains a shit referee

Love it how a side like Leicester looked to waste time from the mid 60 minutes at 1nil up and then like frogs in a blender when they go behind

3-1

Dan James

...and did Leeds sit back to defend at 2-1 ? Did they heck....still poured forward...now 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    3-1

Dan James
    or did it clip off Bamford.

Either way, great game. Puts our turgid football to shame.

Jammy feckers. Three goals off deflections or poor bounces in the box. How have Leicester not won this.