+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bartley Wilson's Headstone

Bartley Wilson's Headstone

Had never really given a thought as to where he was buried, but Mossfords have visited his headstone and given it a clean for the first time in 25 years.

https://youtu.be/It2wqFlo5rE?si=j2z8yqBOiVk5JhE5

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Bartley Wilson's Headstone

Fascinating stuff thanks for posting

Although I don’t suppose you see many Bluebirds in Western Cemetery

What a difference (& a surprise), it’s cleaned up, as new. Thank you Bartley for the legacy.

The follow on video was the Aberfan memorial. Brings tears to my eyes every time.

That is one of the reasons why I believe people shouldn't spend thousands of pounds on a burial. At the time you would get a good send off but a couple of generations later you are forgotten about and the expensive headstone is left to rot. Also family members will be obliged to go to the grave at Easter, birthdays etc..i would say get on with your own lives

Spend the money when you're alive. And have a crematorium.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    That is one of the reasons why I believe people shouldn't spend thousands of pounds on a burial. At the time you would get a good send off but a couple of generations later you are forgotten about and the expensive headstone is left to rot. Also family members will be obliged to go to the grave at Easter, birthdays etc..i would say get on with your own lives

Spend the money when you're alive. And have a crematorium.
    Building a crematorium would be well over the top. A cremation would be just fine. And you could burn Illia's chair at the same time..