+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Angela Rayner is she in favour of protecting council homes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Angela Rayner is she in favour of protecting council homes

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree it doesn't look good, but my parents had the chance of buying the council house they were renting back in the mid 70s (before Thatcher became Prime Minister) and paid what always struck me as a bargain price for it. The house was left to me, my brother and sister when my parents died and in 2018 we sold it for what was about twenty five times more than what my parents paid for it. Maybe, I'm being stupid here, but if you're saying Angela Raynor was wrong for selling the house at a profit some years after she bought it, were my siblings and I wrong for selling the house left to us for what the market deemed was a fair price?
    A bit of soft disclosure here TOBW, i had a right chuckle on the train coming home
    Civil Service Lumper
    Civil Service Pension
    State Pension
    A bitter sweet house sale proceeds in the sky rocket
    I'm expecting you in about 2 years to also disclose
    a big Lotto win
    If this is the modern day sochalism i just might rejoin for the benefits
    However with the serious hat on, your parents will have been pleased they were able
    help you, brother & sister on their sad passing, it's what most parents want to do
    I've had this awkward discussion with my two already, they know that on my, and Doris's demise
    I will be delighted that I was able to help them I just wish i could do it more now and see the benefits
    but being squeezed by the current Tory wankers, and for balance the preceding labour wankers
    they will have to wait until we are cold in the ground

Re: Angela Rayner is she in favour of protecting council homes

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    A bit of soft disclosure here TOBW, i had a right chuckle on the train coming home
    Civil Service Lumper
    Civil Service Pension
    State Pension
    A bitter sweet house sale proceeds in the sky rocket
    I'm expecting you in about 2 years to also disclose
    a big Lotto win
    If this is the modern day sochalism i just might rejoin for the benefits
    However with the serious hat on, your parents will have been pleased they were able
    help you, brother & sister on their sad passing, it's what most parents want to do
    I've had this awkward discussion with my two already, they know that on my, and Doris's demise
    I will be delighted that I was able to help them I just wish i could do it more now and see the benefits
    but being squeezed by the current Tory wankers, and for balance the preceding labour wankers
    they will have to wait until we are cold in the ground

You don’t know the half of it, why do you think I had to move so far away from Cardiff with my one third share of the money we got from the house I was living in? The move also lost me more than ten thousand pounds - I wanted to stay where I was , but was outvoted.

I would never have posted a message of that nature to you.