+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool Final

Chelsea v Liverpool Final

Surprised no thread started on this.
    Decent game....could either way.....both sides having a go.
    Pretty neutral on this.....very harsh disallowed goal for Sterling first half...millimetres in it...should not come down to that...

Re: Chelsea v Liverool Final

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Surprised no thread started on this.
    Decent game....could either way.....both sides having a go.
    Pretty neutral on this.....very harsh disallowed goal for Sterling first half...millimetres in it...should not come down to that...
    It's a very good game.

Unbelievable...a second goal disallowed by miniscule margins.....goal for me (as for both sides...)

Should be 1-1 so evens out I suppose....

huh...is this the same Nkounkou coming on that was with us?

Not keen on either side but should Liverpool lose, the post match Klopp interview should be compulsive viewing
    Yes, they are his teeth in the smiley.

Caicedo may not even be worth 1/100th of his transfer fee based on the available evidence

Remember when VAR was only going to be used to correct clear and obvious errors? That said, if the disallowed Van Dijk goal was the start of a campaign to stamp out all of the crap which goes on at a free kick or corner to prevent an honest contest for the ball from the game, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but we all know it won’t and next week that goal will be allowed eight times out of ten.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Remember when VAR was only going to be used to correct clear and obvious errors? That said, if the disallowed Van Dijk goal was the start of a campaign to stamp out all of the crap which goes on at a free kick or corner to prevent an honest contest for the ball from the game, I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but we all know it won’t and next week that goal will be allowed eight times out of ten.
    Probably didn’t affect anything but Van Dyck gave a Chelsea defender a little shirt tug in the lead up to his disallowed goal. Stoke employed this tactic many times yesterday, it seems as though it’s just accepted by officials nowadays. Free kick every time in my book.

Chelsea players couldn't score in Spearmint Rhino!

Gallagher should have scored there...at least twice....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Chelsea players couldn't score in Spearmint Rhino!
    Have you been there?

Say one thing...Klopp not afraid to put teenageres on....we would probably put on Sawyers.....Romeo...et al

Gallagher should have scored there...at least twice....
    No, not the same. Chelsea paid 52 million for him from Leipzig.

Ah.....unusual name so thought..!!!!

Have you been there?
    I'm pleading the fifth Mo

Ah.....unusual name so thought..!!!!
    Could be quite a common name in their case.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Could be quite a common name in their case.
    I could not possibly say that....

Let’s all laugh at Chelsea. 1.1 billion for a team that choked against 5 youth team players in a cup final.

Mudryk got to be one of the shittest signings ever surely.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Let’s all laugh at Chelsea. 1.1 billion for a team that choked against 5 youth team players in a cup final.

Mudryk got to be one of the shittest signings ever surely.
    Was cheering Chelsea today (not really sure why, probably because it was against everyone's second team ) but totally agree.

How the mighty have fallen in such a short period of time after spending an obscene amount of money.

Another team that wants to walk the ball in the net grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Was cheering Chelsea today (not really sure why, probably because it was against everyone's second team ) but totally agree.

How the mighty have fallen in such a short period of time after spending an obscene amount of money.

Another team that wants to walk the ball in the net grrrr
    Pretty even game, also wanted Chelsea to win to avoid the plastic scousers in work tomorrow patting each other on the back.

Have to say I quite like klopp (apart from the public moaning and whinging at times) he was celebrating that like it was the champions League and it probably means almost as much to him this season. Fair play to the guy, proper winner.

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool Final

I think that’s the first time I’ve wanted the scousers to win, simply because of the academy players versus a billion pound team.

Did you watch Erol? Have confidence in the kids.

Liverpool have used 15 academy players this season.

Some of ours will be lucky to get 15 minutes. Liverpool are competing for 4 trophies as well, so its not like they're mid table safe from the drop with **** all to play for.

Van Dijk's disallowed goal was down to a foul in the box that impeded a Chelsea player from marking Van Dijk
    Maybe this was a foul according to the letter of the law, but if every goal was reviewed and there was blocking or grabbing or pulling shirts by a defender, how many goals would be allowed?
    When Van Dijk spoke to the ref during the game, did he ask him 'When I'm impeded in the box, you gonna give us a penalty, ref?'
    And when Klopp shook hands with the linos, but not the ref, he made his feelings very obvious.
    The decision to disallow the goal was an injustice and this during a showpiece Cup Final.
    How good did Van Dijk feel when he scored the winner!
    Karma indeed.

International

Say one thing...Klopp not afraid to put teenageres on....we would probably put on Sawyers.....Romeo...et al
    He had too, they had ten plus injured players and they have a strong youth team.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Liverpool have used 15 academy players this season.

Some of ours will be lucky to get 15 minutes. Liverpool are competing for 4 trophies as well, so its not like they're mid table safe from the drop with **** all to play for.
    Liverpools are top quality stealing all the best youngsters early from other club's ours are average whats left youth team there are no comparisons, Man City could do the same if they had that many injures.