+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky Channel 129 Tonight

Sky Channel 129 Tonight

The Sala tragedy is the subject of a TV programme at 9.00pm tonight on National Geographic channel 129 on Sky.

Re: Sky Channel 129 Tonight

A truly gut wrenching tale of the death of a talented footballer and a cowboy unqualified pilot. Rest in peace both of you but particularly Emiliano!

Lets hope its not too bashing of our club , as folk including Emiliano's decisions on that dreadfully , have responsibilities in this awful tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets hope its not too bashing of our club , as folk including Emiliano's decisions on that dreadfully , have responsibilities in this awful tragedy
    The blame was partly on the pilot and on the guy who went to prison. It's possible the plane owners were in part responsible as the plane was only maintained to a standard necessary for private flights although why they should have a lesser degree of safety checks compared to commercial planes is something the CAA need to think long and hard about.

There wasn't much new in the programme but I didn't know the plane had broken up in mid-air.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was a bad decision, but he wasn't aware the pilot couldn't fly in the dark or clouds because he was a heating engineer and couldn't read the plane's instruments.

I would class him as vulnerable as he was a footballer who was young and their agents usually look after them, but he had a terrible one.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It was a bad decision, but he wasn't aware the pilot couldn't fly in the dark or clouds because he was a heating engineer and couldn't read the plane's instruments.

I would class him as vulnerable as he was a footballer who was young and their agents usually look after them, but he had a terrible one.
    wasn't the crash ultimately attributed to a carbon monoxide leak in the cabin, or am I misremembering? the pilots ability in the dark might not have been a factor at all if he wasn't conscious.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    wasn't the crash ultimately attributed to a carbon monoxide leak in the cabin, or am I misremembering? the pilots ability in the dark might not have been a factor at all if he wasn't conscious.
    Yes, you are correct although recordings said he was already panicking and asking permission to fly around and below the cloud/fog/rain before the sudden rapid descent which broke the plane up before crashing into the sea.

The investigation said he had lost his instrument reading license for over two years that the skill and knowledge would be perishable within that time frame, and that he had only been flying in clear conditions during the daytime before the fatal flight.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes, you are correct although recordings said he was already panicking and asking permission to fly around and below the cloud/fog/rain before the sudden rapid descent which broke the plane up before crashing into the sea.

The investigation said he had lost his instrument reading license for over two years that the skill and knowledge would be perishable within that time frame, and that he had only been flying in clear conditions during the daytime before the fatal flight.
    if he was asking to fly below the rain then I think I've seen a flaw in his plan

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He was illegally flying the plane, whatever had happened. If they had have landed safely I hope this would have come to light and the appropriate action taken. Yes, the plane was unworthy but had it’d been in tip top shape, the man flying it in at that time of day was unworthy.

A terrible tragedy. Let’s hope the City’s lawyers screw Nantes in the upcoming case.

International

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    A terrible tragedy. Let’s hope the City’s lawyers screw Nantes in the upcoming case.

I’ve just watched the programme now, and it seems obvious now that the tragedy was due to the awful acting.

If anyone comes across a way to watch this online, please post it here.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I’ve just watched the programme now, and it seems obvious now that the tragedy was due to the awful acting.
    It was terrible acting