+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton

everton

reduced to 6 points deduction

Everton

Points deduction reduced to six, up to 15th place now. I'll bet there’s a few down the bottom not impressed.

Re: Everton

My daughter's husband and in-laws will be happy. They've already bought their 25/26 STs in the new stadium (which would be null and void if they go down and stay down). I can't help but like Goodison though. Old Skool. Wooden seats a la NP and cheapish beer in the fan zone.

Re: everton

Whether it's the right decision or not it's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    My daughter's husband and in-laws will be happy. They've already bought their 25/26 STs in the new stadium (which would be null and void if they go down and stay down). I can't help but like Goodison though. Old Skool. Wooden seats a la NP and cheapish beer in the fan zone.
    Crap ground
    Crap view
    Crap stewards

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Whether it's the right decision or not it's a mess.
    Reflects poorly on the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Crap ground
    Crap view
    Crap stewards
    View depends on where you are....wooden seats provide something sturdy to stand on, if needed. Oddly, never had any interaction with the stewards there at all. Unlike Bolton. Stoke. Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    They've got another case coming up.Possibly another six points deduction.

Hope the feckers get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Reflects poorly on the Premier League
    Leagues a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Leagues a mess!
    Yes. How come nothing has happened to Man City?

Was going to say, this is probably a lead in to them rolling over and giving City a smack on the wrist.

Probably hoping they lose the league by a few points so they can give them six or ten which will still leave them in the champions league. Save face all around and avoid the lawsuit backed by Middle East money.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't you have to be found guilty first, rather than presume illegally obtained stolen information is accurate?? Man City will (in my view rightly) fight that to the bitter end whereas Everton had no option but to plead guilty

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Was going to say, this is probably a lead in to them rolling over and giving City a smack on the wrist.

Probably hoping they lose the league by a few points so they can give them six or ten which will still leave them in the champions league. Save face all around and avoid the lawsuit backed by Middle East money.
    If the league can't prove charges well enough to beat any following appeal lawsuit then surely City aren't nearly as guilty as they've been preconceived to be by the media.

If they were as obviously guilty as they've been preconceived to be they would have been charged a long time ago. Doesn't mean it doesn't stink to the high heavens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Suppose it's easier to deal with a 1 or 2 charges compared to over 100. Wouldn't make much sense to drip feed decisions.

wouldnt want a " big team " to fall out of the EPL

will be a travesty if they stay up by a point or 2

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Don't you have to be found guilty first, rather than presume illegally obtained stolen information is accurate?? Man City will (in my view rightly) fight that to the bitter end whereas Everton had no option but to plead guilty
    But they didn’t plead guilty. Everton FC have fought this all the way. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t appeal against the latest ruling and set out the principles upon which they will appeal any other attempted points deduction.

We also have Nottingham Forest waiting to hear their punishment along with Chelsea

I would love Everton to go down but only if they are guilty

Is the premier league responsible for putting them up before the judge ?

Because if they are and its not independent then the Premier league are bent and corrupt and the whole thing is a charade anyway

It's like coppers investigating bad coppers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would love Everton to go down but only if they are guilty

Is the premier league responsible for putting them up before the judge ?

Because if they are and its not independent then the Premier league are bent and corrupt and the whole thing is a charade anyway

It's like coppers investigating bad coppers
    Of course it is bent and corrupt.