+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    We backed off and defended way too deep in the last 12 minutes, inviting Bristol on. We were more than capable of getting a 2nd goal.
    This happens a lot in games mind. One side with something to defend, the other going for broke. Momentum just swings. I can’t remember them really troubling us in that period.

ok.....am a Blackburn fan this afternoon...you think OUR commentators are bad sometimes but bloody hell...these Swansea ones....I shall press the mute button....

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bristol were always going to come at us, it’s quite normal for a team to get pushed back. I think our capabilities infront of goal is very limited so I don’t blame City for trying to hold onto what we had.
    We'll have to agree to disagree here. I thought Brizzle were poor at the back and we could have gone on to get a 2nd. Oh, for a Michael Chopra!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    If you thought that was an excellent performance then you have very low expectations.

It was competent at very best and I’m being charitable. That said we have improved over three games albeit against dreadful opponents.
    I thought it was like a mirror image of so many of our 1-0 home defeats over the last four seasons - the away side don’t look anything special, but at the same time, we really struggle to break them down. The best thing I’d say about our performances today was that I only started getting a bit twitchy in the last ten minutes or so, we were pretty comfortable apart from that short period. A lot of that might have been downto Bristol’s shortcomings, but we win too many of our away games in a similar way for them all to be put down to the home team being crap.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: BRISTOL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Shite game between two shite teams just Bristol more shite than we are.
    You really need to drown your sorrows with a pint of Doom Bar ... perhaps Bobby Dandruff can join you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    We backed off and defended way too deep in the last 12 minutes, inviting Bristol on. We were more than capable of getting a 2nd goal.
    Statistics would say otherwise regarding your last sentence, unless we put prolific Perry Ng up top!

You don't see many teams in similar situations in the Championship, apart from those with far more quality, going gung ho for a second goal. This is especially the case when the opposition are chasing the game late on. They "cheat" by flooding players forward.
    It would be suicide to not try and match them getting men goal side.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ok.....am a Blackburn fan this afternoon...you think OUR commentators are bad sometimes but bloody hell...these Swansea ones....I shall press the mute button....
    2-0 Think I wil switch games.......new acquisition - and one to be wary of - Ronald, looks good.

Wow this board really is unbelieveable at times. I watched the game without checking the board. I felt comfortable from the first minute and felt we were going to win then logged on half time and saw a load of negativity!

3 local derbies played and 3 wins.

1 goal conceded in 3 games. 7 points from last 3.

In the top half. Above the likes of Middlesbrough and Watford

Bulut out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Wow this board really is unbelieveable at times. I watched the game without checking the board. I felt comfortable from the first minute and felt we were going to win then logged on half time and saw a load of negativity!

Bulut out!!!
    It's interesting that, as things stand, there are 10 points separating 22nd and 10th. On Jan 1st there were 10 points separating 22nd and 15th.

There were 4 points between 11th and 6th on Jan 1st. That's now 9 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's interesting that, as things stand, there are 10 points separating 22nd and 10th. On Jan 1st there were 10 points separating 22nd and 15th.

There were 4 points between 11th and 6th on Jan 1st. That's now 9 points.

What's interesting is the bulut out lot are quiet

Have any of City, Wurzels or Jacks done the double double over the other 2 in the same season?

I seem to recall the Wurzels doing it.

Bulut out!!!
    Well whilst we were in free fall the manager has turned it round and the moaners are conspicuous by their absence!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well whilst we were in free fall the manager has turned it round and the moaners are conspicuous by their absence!
    Have to say the subs today were spot on.

What's interesting is the bulut out lot are quiet
    Today was a big win. Watford, 1 place below us are 6 points off the bottom 3. We don't have any chance of the playoffs but 7 points from 9 games, when we didn't look like beating a paper bag, has surely meant survival. Prepare for Swansea, then let the kids get game time until the end of the season. Still don't like how defensive we are, but when it works, great. When it doesn't, it rightly gets criticised.

Thought that was a solid, assured performance. We were rarely troubled and looked the most likely to score imo despite the stats showing shots, corners etc in their favour.

We've got 7 points from 3 games we should be getting points from. We haven't done anything special but winning breeds confidence.

Today was a big win. Watford, 1 place below us are 6 points off the bottom 3. We don't have any chance of the playoffs but 7 points from 9 games, when we didn't look like beating a paper bag, has surely meant survival. Prepare for Swansea, then let the kids get game time until the end of the season. Still don't like how defensive we are, but when it works, great. When it doesn't, it rightly gets criticised.
    I think he's earned a go to try and create his own side next season

It's been very squeaky bum recently though

Not good for the heart

We've got 7 points from 3 games we should be getting points from. We haven't done anything special but winning breeds confidence.
    You can only catch fish if they are in the sea

Cardiff boss Erol Bulut praises influence of Liverpool loanee Nat Phillips

The Liverpool man was in imperious form in the Bluebirds' victory at Bristol City and has proved a key player since arriving from Anfield in January

https://nation.cymru/sport/cardiff-b...-nat-phillips/

The 3 new signings were the spine of the team today. Many were disappointed by January but those 3 will prove to be very good signings.

The 3 new signings were the spine of the team today. Many were disappointed by January but those 3 will prove to be very good signings.
    Indeed they were.....an not much has been made of Horvath's save prior to the disallowed goal....top save....he IS inspiring confidence, and it's not a co-incidence that only one goal against in the last three games.

Agree, Phillips as looked decent from the off but the keeper has really improved game on game. Turnbulls corner was excellent, he needs to go more but I think that will come with confidence.

We now have more wins this season than all last season, with 11 games to go. 1 more win (or 3 draws) and we'll have more points.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We now have more wins this season than all last season, with 11 games to go. 1 more win (or 3 draws) and we'll have more points.
    Equilibrium...as it stands...9 points from bottom three....nine points from top six....

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Very very solid performance. Great win.
    The late charge is on……