+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: george galloway

Re: george galloway

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Weather fantastic up here on the moon. Great views of Planet Earth!

The most recent polls (including the mega YouGov poll in the Telegraph of 14,000 people) have projected a Labour majority at the next GE of anything from 100 to 170 seats. A landslide.

I don't expect that. Even these Tories led by Sunak should be able to squeeze the Labour lead. But not even Labour lead by Starmer can blow it completely. I expect Labour to have 'a decent majority' of 30-50 seats.

I still intend to vote for the party led by the racist, cowardly, serial liar - but obviously without enthusiasm. Just opting for the least worst capable of forming a government. And voting for a sitting Labour MP who has been mostly OK.

The Galloway/Gaza effect could be a sizeable factor in narrowing Labour's lead. I don't see him holding Rochdale or any other insurgent candidates winning seats - but they will reduce the Labour vote in dozens of constituencies. And in response to the dull commentators who see it all through the prism of British Muslims - the disgust at Labour's Gaza (in fact Israel/Palestine) position goes way beyond one faith-based community. It won't be enough to change the outcome, but it could affect the size of the majority.

The threat of lost votes may even be enough for Labour's cynical number crunchers to change their position a bit more - but not from any point of principle or out of conviction.
    I refer the rt hon colleague to my previous answer

Very small labour majority , and that's me being optimistic because I want the Tories out

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    It may have been a record 'swing' but the Labour vote count shifted by about 100 votes in the by election a fortnight ago. All that tells you is that the conservative stayed at home - whilst the same people that voted Lab last voted Labour this time. If the 'missing' conservative voters come out it's a different picture.
    It doesn't tell you that though. It might tell you that but you don't have enough information to be able to say and you are effectively saying there is no such thing as a swing voter which we know to be false. 1960s to 1980s there was far more party loyalty with about 20% of people reporting that they voted for a different party from one election to the next but this has been steadily increasing and is now in the 30-40% range every election.

Blair/Cameron were successful because they could win votes from the other side. Boris managed it from a combination of Brexit and Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have my doubts that the opinion polls , which the electoral calculus is based on , are accurate

I think the labour vote is over estimated and the tory vote ......incredible that people still back them .....is shy

I predict a very small labour majority at best
    Take a look at how well MRP polls do especially when they are taken near the time of the election. There are so many cases now of MRP being correct in predicting safe seats being turned over while people say 'not possible, we are always X here'

Agree that the regular polls can be suspect but if you look at them within the margin of error/poll of polls to flatten out noise, they tend to do pretty well.

Weather fantastic up here on the moon. Great views of Planet Earth!

The most recent polls (including the mega YouGov poll in the Telegraph of 14,000 people) have projected a Labour majority at the next GE of anything from 100 to 170 seats. A landslide.

I don't expect that. Even these Tories led by Sunak should be able to squeeze the Labour lead. But not even Labour lead by Starmer can blow it completely. I expect Labour to have 'a decent majority' of 30-50 seats.

I still intend to vote for the party led by the racist, cowardly, serial liar - but obviously without enthusiasm. Just opting for the least worst capable of forming a government. And voting for a sitting Labour MP who has been mostly OK.

The Galloway/Gaza effect could be a sizeable factor in narrowing Labour's lead. I don't see him holding Rochdale or any other insurgent candidates winning seats - but they will reduce the Labour vote in dozens of constituencies. And in response to the dull commentators who see it all through the prism of British Muslims - the disgust at Labour's Gaza (in fact Israel/Palestine) position goes way beyond one faith-based community. It won't be enough to change the outcome, but it could affect the size of the majority.

The threat of lost votes may even be enough for Labour's cynical number crunchers to change their position a bit more - but not from any point of principle or out of conviction.
    There's no doubt that regular polling applied at a constituency level really really struggles with big leads, I saw one seat calculation that said the Tories would win like 3 seats, which would be hilarious seeing them huddled in a corner of the commons but obviously isnt going to happen.

As you say though the larger sample MRP polls are pretty scarily accurate even at a constituency level.

Regular logic says that the polls will tighten but the Tories are such a mess right now I just see them putting more and more people off them the nearer we get to an election. Labour should be making a lot out of them not holding the election in may while the councils are taking place, a big portion of the population hates voting and the Tories have made sure they have to go and do it twice.

Being a swing voter is trendy, it makes people feel like they are some objective genius who isn't blindly loyal.

Muslims 2 Westminster/ Labour 0 .

Watch the roll back .

Soon be back to its anti Israel/USA best if the enclave of Rochdale has anything to do with it .

Hopefully the speaker is now safe and not suffer at the hands of Labour Muslim party.

Not sure Sir Kier is safe .

Angela is bank rolled by a Muslim.

Happy Days ..for Rochgazzadale and its TV Reality MP who thinks he is a cat .

Andvwe thought Boris and Trump were just media soundbite TV folks? Well Mr George is on another fruit loop level .

I call upon Labour to open up the borders we , need more migrants and muselim voters to secure future power and to voters.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Watch the roll back .

Soon be back to its anti Israel/USA best if the enclave of Rochdale has anything to do with it .

Hopefully the speaker is now safe and not suffer at the hands of Labour Muslim party.

Andvwe thought Boris and Trump were just media soundbite TV folks? Well Mr George is on another fruit loop level .

I call upon Labour to open up the borders we , need more migrants and muselim voters to secure future power and to voters.
    You appear to be on full racist dribble mode today.

Who is the Muslim bank rolling Angela Raynor? You did a cut and paste from the Guido Fawkes website (as usual without pointing out the lift) in the Raynor thread which showed most of her funding (fully declared) came from Trades Unions (mainly GMB which I think sponsors her) or was small scale donations from individuals.

The two bigger ones were from Waheed Ali who is a Labour Peer and TV drama producer, and from Trevor Chinn who is a long term Labour donor but also a high profile UK Zionist and one of the most prominent supporters and funders of Labour Friends of Israel.

https://order-order.com/2021/05/19/p...angela-rayner/

Watch the roll back .

Always right on cue to bring the tone down.

Watch the roll back .

You are so far right you have neutralised yourself

It's now a comedy act

Galloway is just a grifter, I cant see him giving two hoots about the people of Rochdale, but he will enjoy the soap box it gives him. they'll kick him out in 6 months time

I used to be a member of his last party, the respect party. Many years ago mind.

He is a very divisive character and we all know why. He is also a very interesting one who speaks his mind and isn't pigeon holed. He is pro-brexit and extols many traditional working class left wing views that Labour have arguably abandoned.

He also has an (in fairness, lifelong) obsession with Gaza and the politics of the middle east.

Those two issues aren't always natural bedfellows but this by-election was a perfect storm that allowed him to flourish.

The response from Sunak and Starmer is quite remarkable really. I don't entirely disagree with them as we are in dangerous and racially sectarian times.

They should have spoken up weeks or months ago though.

As for parliament, Galloway represents a solid part of the British electorate and he deserves to be in parliament. It's better views are debated there than on the street sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I used to be a member of his last party, the respect party. Many years ago mind.

He is a very divisive character and we all know why. He is also a very interesting one who speaks his mind and isn't pigeon holed. He is pro-brexit and extols many traditional working class left wing views that Labour have arguably abandoned.

He also has an (in fairness, lifelong) obsession with Gaza and the politics of the middle east.

Those two issues aren't always natural bedfellows but this by-election was a perfect storm that allowed him to flourish.

The response from Sunak and Starmer is quite remarkable really. I don't entirely disagree with them as we are in dangerous and racially sectarian times.

They should have spoken up weeks or months ago though.

As for parliament, Galloway represents a solid part of the British electorate and he deserves to be in parliament. It's better views are debated there than on the street sometimes.
    It very much looks like dummies spat out from the major parties, the people of Rochdale have chosen their representative and Sunak sticking a podium outside number 10 to them they were wrong is a super bad look. I can't help but think both Sunak and Starmer are secretly hoping the other gets drawn into a very public tit for tat spat with Galloway, he has nothing to lose, conviction, consistently held views and will walk all over either of them if backed into a corner.

The correct approach to nullify him is not to get offended by his views but to question his ability/motivation to do anything for Rochdale. A constituency MP is supposed to represent everybody, not just those who voted for them, that includes the people who voted against and didn't turn up and whilst watching sam coates uncomfortably squirming his way through the interview posted above is good fun, its pretty clear from all the 'i won' that Galloway doesn't really get that part.

You appear to be on full racist dribble mode today.

Who is the Muslim bank rolling Angela Raynor? You did a cut and paste from the Guido Fawkes website (as usual without pointing out the lift) in the Raynor thread which showed most of her funding (fully declared) came from Trades Unions (mainly GMB which I think sponsors her) or was small scale donations from individuals.

The two bigger ones were from Waheed Ali who is a Labour Peer and TV drama producer, and from Trevor Chinn who is a long term Labour donor but also a high profile UK Zionist and one of the most prominent supporters and funders of Labour Friends of Israel.

https://order-order.com/2021/05/19/p...angela-rayner/
    I do not think he understands what is happening in the real world.

The town of Rochdale deserves better than the choices they were left with, but I must ask why previous Galloway wins were not the threat to democracy that Sunak claims this one is?

The previous MP was great apparently, they also used to have Cyril Smith as their mp (look up his alleged sex offences)
    The reason this is serious is that Galloway has used Muslim/Jew rhetoric to stoke up hatred, have you seen his from the river chant?
    This spooks Labour as he has successfully taken the Muslim vote, and the conservatives for the same reason.
    Fair enough if this was based on policy but it wasn’t, his victory was won on hate and triggering anti Jewish sentiment and it worked, if it worked there it may work in other constituencies ( just my opinion)

The previous MP was great apparently, they also used to have Cyril Smith as their mp (look up his alleged sex offences)
    The reason this is serious is that Galloway has used Muslim/Jew rhetoric to stoke up hatred, have you seen his from the river chant?
    This spooks Labour as he has successfully taken the Muslim vote, and the conservatives for the same reason.
    Fair enough if this was based on policy but it wasn’t, his victory was won on hate and triggering anti Jewish sentiment and it worked, if it worked there it may work in other constituencies ( just my opinion)
    The message from Galloway is the same though as it was in at least two of the three previous constituencies he represented, why has this one prompted a Friday evening Downing Street address from the Prime Minister about how democracy was under threat?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The message from Galloway is the same though as it was in at least two of the three previous constituencies he represented, why has this one prompted a Friday evening Downing Street address from the Prime Minister about how democracy was under threat?
    To deflect and justify the Islamaphobia that riddles the Tory party?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    To deflect and justify the Islamaphobia that riddles the Tory party?
    Bingo!

Bingo!
    The only bingo going on here is the bullsh1t bingo in this thread.
    Sunak makes a state of the nation announcement - Starma agrees with it... I think there is a bit more going on under the headlines - just my opinion.

“state of the nation”?

“state of the nation”?
    really? - ps you website is wide open to being hacked - go check your plugins haha indeed

really? - ps you website is wide open to being hacked - go check your plugins haha indeed
    State-of-the nation brings to mind solemn occasions of great importance to me, not someone gaslighting in search of culture war votes - Lee Anderson was right about one thing, the Tories are going to fight the Election on culture war issues because they have nothing else to offer.

“state of the nation”?
    Exactly.

How can a pathetic, hypocritical, deflecting whine become a 'State of the Nation' announcement.

It may have been a 'State of the Polls' announcement - but that is it.

Exactly.

How can a pathetic, hypocritical, deflecting whine become a 'State of the Nation' announcement.

It may have been a 'State of the Polls' announcement - but that is it.
    its what the feckless Labour ,cowardly , muslim supported party deserve ,they hate a lot of things a lot of good people like about western values , and yes factions are truing to take over lABOUR hence the donations to ( certain MP's ) they want control they dislike western values and antisemitism ( yes it exist , take to some in London where children are now being target ) it will take them down.

Gazza Party is coming to our world soon ,radicals hijacking the poor ,under fed , under educated folk of that strip of land shame on all all who think the demonstrations and hate speaech is right in our streets in by electuions , towawrds the speaker who is form that world

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...eatened-online

https://news.sky.com/story/emotional...reats-13078261

Sir Keir really tucked him up with his nod and wink moment in parliament .

Never mind both Sir Keir and Hoyle are millionaires and will be fine as the Gazza rots perhaps they should pop over and have a reel deep look at Hamas .Hezbollah millionaires .

People are so ripe for this crap , makes them feel good as they sit and judge others from their own wealth and pensions safety probably delivered by the very syste4sm they so despise . zzzzzzzzzz