+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brexit again - nothing to see here...

First Team

Re: Brexit again - nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't think I'm blind to it. I think its largely irrelevant. As I always did. My issue is always with people spreading things I believe to be untrue claiming it to be a "disaster" etc when it plainly isn't. There are far greater issues at play.

That's great, as discussed I love Germany, although Berlin is one of the few cities I've never been to. No holiday home here, though my Nan had a place in the Costs Brava but that's long gone and my mum did live in Hannover, France and Spain. Alas, no more!

Absolutely! Speak to people! Qualitative data is critical too.
    Jimbo

I see you have learned zero. Stop spouting one-eyed BS.

Brexit will be detrimental for the UK economy forever. The emerging trade data clearly show this. Any rational, honest economist would tell you this.

My usual question to you - what expertise do you have to comment on Economics? We both know it's none. But I'm sure that won't stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Jimbo

I see you have learned zero. Stop spouting one-eyed BS.

Brexit will be detrimental for the UK economy forever. The emerging trade data clearly show this. Any rational, honest economist would tell you this.

My usual question to you - what expertise do you have to comment on Economics? We both know it's none. But I'm sure that won't stop you.
    I can read real data instead of spouting things from crystal balls like you.

I hope you got your money back for the last few crystal balls by the way?

I offered you a challenge before about who would more accurately predict forthcoming data. You didn't accept the challenge then. Had you done it, I would likely have been right, and a charity of your choice may have been a tenner richer. The offer is still there!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nothing to say about those adverts I linked to? The one contrasting the NHS outside the EU with what is was like within it especially would be hilariously funny for how completely and utterly wrong it was if the subject matter was not so serious.
    I watched a little earlier.

Do I strike you as the kind of person particularly interested in political adverts? Party political broadcasts are my least favourite form of political communication. Interesting from a campaigning perspective perhaps but in terms of understanding things, almost entirely useless.

I don't endorse them. I think it was wrong to use the NHS too.

I also think it was entirely wrong of Britain Stronger in Europe to talk about a collapse in house prices, stock market crash or a bonfire of rights etc. I recall specifically an advert that had a piece of paper with things like 'maternity pay' ripped up on the table if we left the EU. Utter hogwash of course, as was the claim of a house price crash - pretty sinister given that's where most people's wealth lies.

I'm happy to criticise both sides. It was a dreadful campaign. Are you?

First Team

I can read real data instead of spouting things from crystal balls like you.

I hope you got your money back for the last few crystal balls by the way?

I offered you a challenge before about who would more accurately predict forthcoming data. You didn't accept the challenge then. Had you done it, I would likely have been right, and a charity of your choice may have been a tenner richer. The offer is still there!
    Stick to town planning, you arrogant thicko.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Stick to town planning, you arrogant thicko.
    Being called arrogant from you?! Goodness me. It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

More strange insults and no predictions again. Could do with your consistency down the City.

Always groundhog day today and the apocalypse tomorrow with you! 😉

I'm an immigrant in another country ( no! not ex pat- we are immigrants like any other) and from what i've seen heard and read, the UK is a complete and utter shitt show with more people living on welfare at best and if not on the street, Food banks weren't a thing when i lived in the UK. i'm well aware that's gone well for some, the middle class and up. (tories)

I watched a little earlier.

Do I strike you as the kind of person particularly interested in political adverts? Party political broadcasts are my least favourite form of political communication. Interesting from a campaigning perspective perhaps but in terms of understanding things, almost entirely useless.

I don't endorse them. I think it was wrong to use the NHS too.

I also think it was entirely wrong of Britain Stronger in Europe to talk about a collapse in house prices, stock market crash or a bonfire of rights etc. I recall specifically an advert that had a piece of paper with things like 'maternity pay' ripped up on the table if we left the EU. Utter hogwash of course, as was the claim of a house price crash - pretty sinister given that's where most people's wealth lies.

I'm happy to criticise both sides. It was a dreadful campaign. Are you?
    Criticise both sides, but only one of them on here - you slavishly follow the Leave line in every thread on Brexit.

Yes, I criticise both sides - the Remain campaign used to drive me mad with the dire warnings from Cameron and Osborne which took us for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Criticise both sides, but only one of them on here - you slavishly follow the Leave line in every thread on Brexit.

Yes, I criticise both sides - the Remain campaign used to drive me mad with the dire warnings from Cameron and Osborne which took us for fools.
    It's because the only "side" (it was 7 years ago remember why are you still talking sides? We are all on the same side now) is making hysterical predictions that don't take into account what is also happening in other countries.

That's why.