+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugbo - what could have been

Ugbo - what could have been

Sheffield Wednesday fans raving about what a superb January acquisition Ugbo has been. If only Bulet played players to their strengths or bought in the right players to fit the system he wants to play. It's not rocket science!

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...fect/#comments

Re: Ugbo - what could have been

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday fans raving about what a superb January acquisition Ugbo has been. If only Bulet played players to their strengths or bought in the right players to fit the system he wants to play. It's not rocket science!

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...fect/#comments
    Ugbo can clearly score goals when given opportunities. He wasn't going to get those opportunities at City, for whom strikers are merely defenders that play closer to the opponent's goal. Ugbo got some stick from City fans and I heard him get called lazy more than a few times, which he wasn't by any stretch of the imagination, although he did sometimes look a bit lost in City's attacking strategy of simply running around a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Ugbo can clearly score goals when given opportunities. He wasn't going to get those opportunities at City, for whom strikers are merely defenders that play closer to the opponent's goal. Ugbo got some stick from City fans and I heard him get called lazy more than a few times, which he wasn't by any stretch of the imagination, although he did sometimes look a bit lost in City's attacking strategy of simply running around a lot.
    Totally agree, I never found him to be lazy, he just wasn’t physical. Always knew how to score, he offers more than the striker we signed on loan who Bulut clearly doesn’t want.

Cardiff City is a bit of a striker's graveyard. Simply few decent chances created up front.

He’s crap and just shines in a team full of other crap players

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    And has scored 6 goals in 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They’ve got more points than we do in the last 25 games. They’re 12th in that time. Since the new manager has come in, they’ve turned it around. Ugbo is a tap in merchant which is fine but it doesn’t work for Bulut’s system. I’d like to know what striker it would work for but that’s another story. I’m not heartbroken he left by any means

Who did he score that thumping header against ?

Wintle cross

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Who did he score that thumping header against ?

Wintle cross
    Was it Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Was it Preston.
    Yes it was nice one

It was a peach

I liked him. It was obvious he had something. A striker in a team who don’t want to attack is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I liked him. It was obvious he had something. A striker in a team who don’t want to attack is doomed.
    He doesn’t get involved at all, though. You have to carry him in a game. I don’t think too many sides can afford that luxury, and you certainly can’t if you want to get promoted.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They’ve got more points than we do in the last 25 games. They’re 12th in that time. Since the new manager has come in, they’ve turned it around. Ugbo is a tap in merchant which is fine but it doesn’t work for Bulut’s system. I’d like to know what striker it would work for but that’s another story. I’m not heartbroken he left by any means
    He was one of the most hard-working strikers we've had, he would have fitted, Bulut dropped a bollock releasing him he's better than our current Strikers.

He looked very decent in the box - scored a great goal against Wednesday too - then seemed after that Bulut wanted him to play in the Grant role on the wing and he looked completely lost and disinterested.

Not sure what formation Wednesday are using him in but in a traditional forward 2 as the poacher getting on the end of things you can see he’d be a very useful player indeed.

Happy to be corrected with the production of said message, but I can’t recall anyone condemning the decision to release Ugbo from his loan at the time

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Happy to be corrected with the production of said message, but I can’t recall anyone condemning the decision to release Ugbo from his loan at the time
    I think people thought we were releasing for Keiffer Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would agree. And what I would also say is that maybe people should re visit this thread in 18 months time so that we can really judge ugbo as a player and goal scorer. This place screams. Talk about Chicken Little.

Sheffield tend to rely on that ancient pastime of crossing the ball on a regular basis. Who'd have thought eh.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I would agree. And what I would also say is that maybe people should re visit this thread in 18 months time so that we can really judge ugbo as a player and goal scorer. This place screams. Talk about Chicken Little.
    He was good especially with O'Dowda, Rambo, and Bowler when at his best, after they went on the sick, he had no service.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He was one of the most hard-working strikers we've had, he would have fitted, Bulut dropped a bollock releasing him he's better than our current Strikers.
    He seemed to have that knack of being in the right place at the right time, a precious commodity for any striker.
    However, hardworking is not a characteristic that springs to mind when I think of Ugbo in his time with us.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Sheffield tend to rely on that ancient pastime of crossing the ball on a regular basis. Who'd have thought eh.
    Bastards, getting players forward into attacking positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bastards, getting players forward into attacking positions.
    Cheaters! surely against the FA rules!?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Cheaters! surely against the FA rules!?
    You must be devastated that we have had two wins on the trot

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You must be devastated that we have had two wins on the trot
    Aye and a few others, killing their anti-Bulut Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    And have scored 11 goals less than us ?…..amazing.