+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I thought we started off really well and scored an excellent team goal but then took our foot off the gas and let them come back into the game. As the game went on, I thought we were lucky that Huddersfield lacked any quality, otherwise they could have pinched an undeserved point. Good to see O’Dowda back and he looked really positive when he came on. I don’t know what’s happened to Tanner but he’s gone backwards and looks like he needs to regain his confidence. Where did the referee find so many bookings and a red card in a game, where that wasn’t a bad tackle, he was much too fussy for this level.
    Red card?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Red card?
    Yes, the City goalkeeper coach was sent off after Wintle was pushed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Yes, the City goalkeeper coach was sent off after Wintle was pushed to the ground.
    Ah OK - I forgot that.

I thought I had missed a player getting red carded. The Huddersfield press (though not their club match report) were suggesting Ng was lucky not to be sent off (after being booked for something in the area)!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    really? im a big fan of colwill but that was the first time i felt he was trying too hard looked a bit awkward

so happy to see odowda on tho, i really want to see him play with colins as they were fire in the first few games

Notice the HUGE difference having an actual left winger on makes? grant was so depressingly backwards most of this match (yet again)
    ODowda's cameo showed what we have been missing all season on the left flank.

Uninspiring seems to be a well used word tonight and I agree. Most of that game was painful once again. Both teams looked disinterested. The last 10 minutes were a breath of fresh air but we deserve to witness much more than we have been fed this season. I’m not talking about results, it’s the desire to get us off our seats I want to see more of. If you weren’t there chatting to your mates it would be a real effort to turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Uninspiring seems to be a well used word tonight and I agree. Most of that game was painful once again. Both teams looked disinterested. The last 10 minutes were a breath of fresh air but we deserve to witness much more than we have been fed this season. I’m not talking about results, it’s the desire to get us off our seats I want to see more of. If you weren’t there chatting to your mates it would be a real effort to turn up.
    Agreed.

I thought today was a marked improvement over recent games. We moved with much more pace and purpose and we defended well. I don't understand why Colwill didn't take his chance to put us 2-0 up he did all the hard work but shot when had nothing but open space in front of him. I think we can expect better from Bulut in the future. Yes, he's defensive, but was obvious today that he wants us to move the ball around quickly and get things moving faster upfield. You could see today that we still have players that aren't too comfortable on the ball and can't seem to think quickly enough, but all in all, I was much happier with today's performance. I hope the improvement continues. And I hope can make some decent permanent signings this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought today was a marked improvement over recent games. We moved with much more pace and purpose and we defended well. I don't understand why Colwill didn't take his chance to put us 2-0 up he did all the hard work but shot when had nothing but open space in front of him. I think we can expect better from Bulut in the future. Yes, he's defensive, but was obvious today that he wants us to move the ball around quickly and get things moving faster upfield. You could see today that we still have players that aren't too comfortable on the ball and can't seem to think quickly enough, but all in all, I was much happier with today's performance. I hope the improvement continues. And I hope can make some decent permanent signings this summer.
    To be fair to bulut, he does have a philosophy, a way of playing, and he wont compromise it. I've been very critical of him and his style, but i suppose his belief and character can't be questioned, he isn't for changing or reacting. Now whether that's a good thing remains to be seen. I begrudgingly admire it, although i can understand why others don't or wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    To be fair to bulut, he does have a philosophy, a way of playing, and he wont compromise it. I've been very critical of him and his style, but i suppose his belief and character can't be questioned, he isn't for changing or reacting. Now whether that's a good thing remains to be seen. I begrudgingly admire it, although i can understand why others don't or wouldn't.
    I think has a style of play that he wants, and that he's not going to stop until we start doing it well. I hope that's the case anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's wholly reliant on the front 4. It wouldn't be so bad if we pressed the opposition all over and won the ball back high up the pitch. My main gripe with his style is that it is so bloody slow. We win the ball, and it goes backwards and the centre halves have it for 2 minutes. It is a weird half way house between being direct and possession, which nullifies us in an attacking sense. There were a few occasions last night where Grant and COD counter attacked though. If we had more of that, it would help a lot

Cardiff claimed three consecutive wins for the first time since September and although happy that confidence has returned to his team, Bluebirds' boss Erol Bulut says he is not thinking of the play-offs right now

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...fidence-again/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed.

He made an immediate impact in a very short space of time.
    Thought Colwill was quite exciting for the 15 minutes he came on.

o'Dowda looked confident but clearly needs minutes under his belt.

I thought it was a dreadful game between two very poor teams. You could say that about all three of the wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    I thought it was a dreadful game between two very poor teams. You could say that about all three of the wins.
    The league is again awful this year apart from the run away leaders.

Preston who are in 9th were dreadful.

I've seen some games this season that would look bad in league 2. QPR comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The league is again awful this year apart from the run away leaders.

Preston who are in 9th were dreadful.

I've seen some games this season that would look bad in league 2. QPR comes to mind.
    Preston aren't great but they scored against us and we could have played all week against them and not scored. Once they scored they managed the game quite well, too.

Re L2 comment, I don't think people realise how big the gulf is. Rotherham would walk L2 with their eyes closed.

the clickbait comic is back in the thread

Disagree. First half last night was pretty good and most people around me were happy at half time. We were positive and put them under pressure, created chances, played some nice football and could have been two or three up. Second half we sat back too much and started being over defensive for 35 mins, so that wasn’t good but the last 10 minutes we took back the initiative and played well again, keeping them in their half. Overall, I dont see how anyone can complain too much about any of that, although I agree that most of the second half was a difficult watch because of the amount of ball they had and chances they created. A definite improvement though and with 9 games to go we have more points than all of last season and are pretty safe in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Disagree. First half last night was pretty good and most people around me were happy at half time. We were positive and put them under pressure, created chances, played some nice football and could have been two or three up. Second half we sat back too much and started being over defensive for 35 mins, so that wasn’t good but the last 10 minutes we took back the initiative and played well again, keeping them in their half. Overall, I dont see how anyone can complain too much about any of that, although I agree that most of the second half was a difficult watch because of the amount of ball they had and chances they created. A definite improvement though and with 9 games to go we have more points than all of last season and are pretty safe in the table.
    They were rubbish as were Bristol City, Blackburn and Stoke. But we have been a tiny bit better and rode our luck (see Ward’s appalling miss last night)

We should all be very happy with the recent points haul but anyone who thinks that we are somehow now playing well is deluding themselves.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They were rubbish as were Bristol City, Blackburn and Stoke. But we have been a tiny bit better and rode our luck (see Ward’s appalling miss last night)

We should all be very happy with the recent points haul but anyone who thinks that we are somehow now playing well is deluding themselves.
    10th best team in the league, all teams have good and bad luck, but a striker for them not scoring for them is not luck, it's about him getting a chance and scoring or missing from it, no luck involved.

We had 2 shots in the first half.

The only bit of real quality I can recall in the first half is what lead to the goal, other than that it was dreadful. The play was so slow and ponderous 'Pass sideways, sideways, back to the keeper, hit it long' if Diédhiou did win the header, there was no one there to pick it up. I think Wilson-Esbrand has been a real good signing and he was always looking to get forward and make the overlap, but he was one of the few players to play with any urgency.

I'm happy with the wins, but I'm not deluded to ignore the fact we got three wins against three really poor teams by playing poorly.

International

Very negative they had drawn with Leeds last game, beat Watford, lost to Hull, and beat Sunderland, They were in good form and we beat them relatively comfortably, two half-decent teams in good form, but we were solid and deserved the win, there were a lot of pluses for me.

2nd half, I thought that we were abysmal.
    Sitting back and Inviting Huddersfield on.
    Great points return over the last few games…but let’s not pretend that we were convincing in victory.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought he carried the ball forward, run down the clock, kept possession well. I thought all the subs had a positive impact.
    One of the few occasions this season when you could say that. Bristol was another. For most of the season our subs have made things worse and in some cases lost us points. Probably a reflection on the previous weakness of our bench but also some awful tactics. Bit weird of Bulut to increase our attacking threat late in the game but he did.