Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
Dalman said on Radio Wales our budget was the sixth highest and he also reported the exact same figures in a separate interview with Scott Johnson. Don’t you think that information that’s been shared widely by the chairman of the football club is is enough evidence for a valid argument on a football message-board or shall we just ignore it for a further 12 months until the statement of financial position is released?
I think it is interesting and something to talk about.

I don't think it is 'enough evidence' for us to accept the claim of us having the 6th highest wage bill in the league.

I wonder whether Dalman has any more information that isn't in the public domain - conversations with other Championship chairmen for instance - but I do not believe he knows (or can know) the wage bill (or players wage budgets) for 23 other clubs.

I assume Dalman had a reason to accept and repeat the '6th highest wage bill' claim. Probably to project the impression of a club that is investing in the squad and backing the manager despite the two window transfer restriction? Positive spin.

But we certainly shouldn't ignore the claim or avoid any message board arguments about it. Not knowing the truth of something has never stopped us before. If we only waited for 100% facts and held back on opinions, the board would die.

You have to speculate to accumulate!