+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nat Phillips

Nat Phillips

on his time with us so far

to me looks more than decent and have stepped up to the plate in a short time

Re: Nat Phillips

He’s done well but he doesn’t look a cut above.

I’m not sure why Liverpool have held on to him so long

He has been excellent. Shame we won't have him next season, as I feel he can make a big difference for us

Prior to signing for City Nat had a winrate of 59%. Admittedly he had only ever played 78 senior games but the man is used to winning. His distribution is excellent, he has good technique, he’s quite fast, very strong and his positioning is adequate at the very least. I thought that Goutas played well yesterday - maybe the partnership with NP is allowing DG to flourish.

Took him and Goutas a few games to get comfortable but more than solid recently. Probably about his level, not sure if he’s out of contract in the summer but wouldn’t mind if we took a look at a permanent deal.

He's settled in quite well, but for me McGuinness is a much better all round player. Hope he's back soon.

I wonder how Steve Morison would've responded to the question "Is it about building on the positive form now ? "

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I wonder how Steve Morison would've responded to the question "Is it about building on the positive form now ? "
    Its a thread about Nat Phillips and SM isn't our manager so this is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Its a thread about Nat Phillips and SM isn't our manager so this is strange.
    It is OT and that is obvious.

Strange ? Don't know who you're showing off to .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It is OT and that is obvious.

Strange ? Don't know who you're showing off to .
    Why would anyone be showing off. Strange.

Defence seems pretty solid without Collins.

I'd love us to sign him. We REALLY need a DOF. We should be working on out of contact players now. Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City etc have so many players that are never going to break into the first team.

He’s been great but he has a contract at Liverpool until 2025 and on a reported 65k a week, he won’t be signing permanently for anyone until that contract is up. I’m sure he will be out on loan again though.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd love us to sign him. We REALLY need a DOF. We should be working on out of contact players now. Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City etc have so many players that are never going to break into the first team.
    would be a really good move if we could sign on a perm basis but more to the point we need Bulut to sign an extension pronto !

with a decent budget think he could take us to the next level

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    would be a really good move if we could sign on a perm basis but more to the point we need Bulut to sign an extension pronto !

with a decent budget think he could take us to the next level
    Bulut has to prove it first. Personally I’ve not been massively impressed and I don’t think players like Siopis etc will take us to the Premier League. Sadly we’ve got to beat the likes of Leeds etc, that’s the standard to get up now. Bulut has to develop players and turn unpolished diamonds into very good players and I’m not sure we’ve seen too much indication of that so far.

International

Good player, as is Hovath he's made some good reaction saves and comes out quickly to narrow the angle.

Hes clearly a quality player