Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
Love the Tyson quote- "Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face" and the punch in the face IMO is the championship.

I reckon all of EB's plans were up in the air when fatigue, weather and injuries took hold. You need a deep squad and to quote Graham Henry a few "x" factors and this is where we fall short.

The championship is brutal and no place for a novice. Malky was relatively untried in the championship but knew it well and what was required. Same with Warnock, if you keep it to nil you at least get a point.

EB should have learned a lot from this season about what is required to have a crack over two seasons. I think his DNA is keep it nil and you get a point, add some x factor and who knows
Nobody seems to care that this is also Bulut's first season in this most difficult of all leagues.

Most supporters would have been delighted to be where we are at the moment. We had a transfer embargo to start with and I'm just guessing that he didn't get exactly what he wanted in January. But the players he signed seem to be bedding in now.

There was a period when this board had many contributors, including the lugubrious TOBW, lamenting that we couldn't score from set pieces. Now we can, they are lamenting that we can't score from open play.

Give him a contract and see what he can do.