+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Manager situation and the constant changing over recent years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Manager situation and the constant changing over recent years

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Let’s reduce the analysis paralysis and strip it back to some basic key points:

1. Morale looks good and belief restored - always a good indicator

2. The defence issue has been sorted with Horvath, Phillips and the left back from Man City.

3. The effect of .2 is to drastically reduce goals conceded, converting losses into draws and draws into wins

4. Results and Form have now bumped up and are exceeding the average points per game accumulated prior to those changes

5. Although it isn’t possession-based football that Generation Z and a few purists obsess about, the football and passing is high quality in the areas that matter

6. We have squad depth at keeper, defence, midfield and up front. This means that as other teams energy levels drain, we have fresh legs running into the second half of the season

7. We still have Ramsey to return at some point and this run of form is being achieved without him

We will make top six, or be damn close. Heads up all. Negative Nellies need not apply. The boys are on their way and all the signs to me is this is a “Tally Ho” moment.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. We are in for one hell of an exciting season finish!
    Fair play, you've posted some bollocks on here recently and that's up there with any of it.

1. I hope morale is boosted.
    2. We'll see about our defence issue when we've played the next few fixtures, not teams down the bottom.
    3. See .2
    4. Results and form has bumped up by playing some poor Championship sides. I'm not knocking that, but a bit of realism here.
    5. Football and passing is high quality in the areas that matter. Yes, I've never seen such a creative City team. Ipswich will be quaking in their boots.
    6. Bullshit.
    7. Maybe. This run of 3 wins against crap teams has indeed been achieved without him, as was the dross we suffered for months.

If we make the top 6 I'll donate £100 to any charity you choose. How about if we don't make the top 6, you do the same?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fair play, you've posted some bollocks on here recently and that's up there with any of it.

1. I hope morale is boosted.
    2. We'll see about our defence issue when we've played the next few fixtures, not teams down the bottom.
    3. See .2
    4. Results and form has bumped up by playing some poor Championship sides. I'm not knocking that, but a bit of realism here.
    5. Football and passing is high quality in the areas that matter. Yes, I've never seen such a creative City team. Ipswich will be quaking in their boots.
    6. Bullshit.
    7. Maybe. This run of 3 wins against crap teams has indeed been achieved without him, as was the dross we suffered for months.

If we make the top 6 I'll donate £100 to any charity you choose. How about if we don't make the top 6, you do the same?
    You were predicting 20th weren't you, how about you pay £100 to charity if we finish 19th or above?

You must be the saddest, most boring, negative pie-muncher in the City pub. I bet kids love you at Christmas.

I don’t think you even have the self-awareness to recognise how miserable and negative you come across sometimes.

You’re like someone permanently praying for chaos. If you won ten million on the lottery I swear your first reaction would be “How long will it be I wonder before I lose it all?” or “Oh I wonder who will break in and nick it all”.

I reckon the only time you look as relatively happy as other people is at a funeral. You and Sludge are like the Masters of Misery on here.

Cheers up for once. Life isn’t a rehearsal.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Let’s reduce the analysis paralysis and strip it back to some basic key points:

1. Morale looks good and belief restored - always a good indicator

2. The defence issue has been sorted with Horvath, Phillips and the left back from Man City.

3. The effect of .2 is to drastically reduce goals conceded, converting losses into draws and draws into wins

4. Results and Form have now bumped up and are exceeding the average points per game accumulated prior to those changes

5. Although it isn’t possession-based football that Generation Z and a few purists obsess about, the football and passing is high quality in the areas that matter

6. We have squad depth at keeper, defence, midfield and up front. This means that as other teams energy levels drain, we have fresh legs running into the second half of the season

7. We still have Ramsey to return at some point and this run of form is being achieved without him

We will make top six, or be damn close. Heads up all. Negative Nellies need not apply. The boys are on their way and all the signs to me is this is a “Tally Ho” moment.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. We are in for one hell of an exciting season finish!
    At last someone with some positivity, yes things are on the way up, maybe not that far up though

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    At last someone with some positivity, yes things are on the way up, maybe not that far up though
    Why does asking questions about style of play, the manager, and the direction of the club have to be negative?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, it was Stoke when we were 3-0 down.

I remember the goal Ramsey scored at Ipswich, it was superb in its build up and execution - maybe I got too excited by it, but, although last night’s goal was a pleasant surprise, there’s been nothing like it since. Obviously, Ramsey’s injuries haven’t helped, but there was always a chance that was going to happen and, anyway, when it came to midfield creativity, we were putting all of our eggs in one basket with him. Colwill has improved and there are flashes from Turnbull that are promising, but I can’t help thinking that Bulut will be a counter attacking, 1-0 type manager even if we had the players capable of something more ambitious and attractive.
    In Colwill's first proper season with us he scored 5 goals. He showed flashes of brilliance and had an eye for the spectacular. Over the last 2 seasons he's scored 1 league goal. Last season he was limited to 4 starting appearances and had injury issues, but the fact that, in 11 league starts this season, 1 league goal is a poor return. It was a belter as well that sealed victory against the Wurzels.

Now, while his overall team play is improving; his tenacity to set up a goal for Karlon Grant against Stoke was great, I hope this isn't to the detriment of a young player who is capable of brilliance. I felt similar happened with Peter Whittingham when Malky went defensive in our promotion season. I never felt we saw much of his genius afterwards, that we certainly saw under Dave Jones.

You were predicting 20th weren't you, how about you pay £100 to charity if we finish 19th or above?
    Nope, I've always maintained we aren't a top 6 side. I don't think we're a top half side, either, but with the crap in the division I might end up wrong there.

Anyway, you're on the optimist train. Backing out of that now?

He's completely potty but I agree with the general sentiment