+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Jacobson On Radio 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joe Jacobson On Radio 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    How does anyone know what religion a player is and furthermore, who cares??!!
    Given the vast number of players entering and leaving the field of play whilst giving numerous versions of the sign of the cross together with the obligatory kissing of the fingers and the playing surface gives an idea that many footballers are Catholics or Orthodox or just dumb enough to believe in mumbo jumbo!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Given the vast number of players entering and leaving the field of play whilst giving numerous versions of the sign of the cross together with the obligatory kissing of the fingers and the playing surface gives an idea that many footballers are Catholics or Orthodox or just dumb enough to believe in mumbo jumbo!!
    Does it? I have never looked that closely.

I assumed that it is some sort of religious ritual but I have no idea what faith it is as I just don’t care. And I don’t think that many people do. It is up to the player what they do, like that weird hop that some of them do. ;-)

Do Jewish players make the Star of David sign when they come on?

It is just irrelevant to me and I’m amazed that anyone actually notices or even cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Does it? I have never looked that closely.

I assumed that it is some sort of religious ritual but I have no idea what faith it is as I just don’t care. And I don’t think that many people do. It is up to the player what they do, like that weird hop that some of them do. ;-)

Do Jewish players make the Star of David sign when they come on?

It is just irrelevant to me and I’m amazed that anyone actually notices or even cares.
    Sludge would struggle to get up in the morning if he didnt have something to virtue signal over.

A lack of Jewish footballers in British football is a cracker even for him.