+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thoughts on Static Caravans in Saundersfoot or a place in Spain ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thoughts on Static Caravans in Saundersfoot or a place in Spain ?

Surely it has to be Spain. Don't be put off by the stay allowance as you are allowed up to 90 days in a 180 day period; in other words 180 days a year. I would avoid caravans especially in the UK; I looked into it. All googling led me to the conclusion the whole thing is a rip off - expensive site fees; rules that prohibit sales unless done through the site operator; renting out through the site operator only with hefty charges and you have to change your caravan every 10 years or so. And of course the weather in the UK is so unpredictable.

I would look into renting an apartment in Spain without the hassle of ownership.

Re: Thoughts on Static Caravans in Saundersfoot or a place in Spain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Surely it has to be Spain. Don't be put off by the stay allowance as you are allowed up to 90 days in a 180 day period; in other words 180 days a year. I would avoid caravans especially in the UK; I looked into it. All googling led me to the conclusion the whole thing is a rip off - expensive site fees; rules that prohibit sales unless done through the site operator; renting out through the site operator only with hefty charges and you have to change your caravan every 10 years or so. And of course the weather in the UK is so unpredictable.

I would look into renting an apartment in Spain without the hassle of ownership.
    I read that Spain & other countries are lobbying to change the rules so that the 180 days can be taken in one chunk.