+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Fury

John Fury

What an absolute embarrassment, and Grade A Bell end the guy is. His behaviour at any given opportunity before Tyson’s fight with Usyk is pathetic.
    I’m hoping that Usyk beats Fury, then knocks out his old man for good measure.

Re: John Fury

Its all part of the pantomime. Probably fake blood.

That was probably a better watch than the actual fight.
    Not to have this “undisputed”once in a generation fight hosted in a stadium with a proper UK, Ukrainian or American boxing crowd is an embarrassment to the sport selling its soul.

But what is obvious is that I won’t be resolved on Saturday and there will be rematches.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Its all part of the pantomime. Probably fake blood.
    There’s good, fight building pantomime, then there’s the The John Fury show. He’s getting more and more out of control as he gets older.
    Needs to be put in an old folks home.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There’s good, fight building pantomime, then there’s the The John Fury show. He’s getting more and more out of control as he gets older.
    It's just part of the bollocks and has gone on for years between fighters and their teams. If it means another few hundred people buy the fight and people like us are talking about it then it's worked.

I dont know why Tyson doesnt tell him to reign it the f*ck in. Even for him (John) yesterday was way OTT.

The only Fury who talks any sense is Peter Fury.

I used to like Billy Fury

What a tool that guy is. I wouldn't say that to his face though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What a tool that guy is. I wouldn't say that to his face though.
    Billy Fury ?

That's a bit harsh

But to be fair he's six foot under

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's just part of the bollocks and has gone on for years between fighters and their teams. If it means another few hundred people buy the fight and people like us are talking about it then it's worked.
    You’re missing the point Tuerto. I’ve seen more pre fight build ups than I care to remember.
    Some funny, some boring, some very nasty.
    Some fights need a build up, others don’t
    This is a fight that really doesn’t need one.
    The boxing publics interest is top loaded.
    What I’m saying, is Fury senior is totally losing control, and becoming a loose canon. He’s losing his marbles in front of the world. He’s behaviour is crazy and erratic even when his boy’s not in a pre fight camp.

You’re missing the point Tuerto. I’ve seen more pre fight build ups than I care to remember.
    Some funny, some boring, some very nasty.
    Some fights need a build up, others don’t
    This is a fight that really doesn’t need one.
    The boxing publics interest is top loaded.
    What I’m saying, is Fury senior is totally losing control, and becoming a loose canon. He’s losing his marbles in front of the world. He’s behaviour is crazy and erratic even when his boy’s not in a pre fight camp.
    He's always been like it. You're a bit late to the party with this one. From throwing tables at the Dillian White presser, facing up to Wilder, calling out carl froch, verbally abusing carl frampton. we could go on. I'm not saying it's right, it just is. I don't really give a shit either way. Take a look at how Liam Smith behaved towards Eubank Jr in their recent fight, Broner towards Mallignagi, And floyd towards everyone..... It's boxing, it's hype, it sells. Doesn't mean i like it.

He's always been like it. You're a bit late to the party with this one. From throwing tables at the Dillian White presser, facing up to Wilder, calling out carl froch, verbally abusing carl frampton. we could go on. I'm not saying it's right, it just is. I don't really give a shit either way. Take a look at how Liam Smith behaved towards Eubank Jr in their recent fight, Broner towards Mallignagi, And floyd towards everyone..... It's boxing, it's hype, it sells. Doesn't mean i like it.
    So we got there in the end. The guy’s a complete dick 👍

So we got there in the end. The guy’s a complete dick 👍
    It's all an act. I doubt he's like that in Lidl if they run out of his favourite Marmalade.

John Fury didnt do that for fight publicity he did it for John Fury publicity.

Embarrassing. 99% of us stick the head on someone in Saudi what do you reckon happens?

Its the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship of the World. It doesn't need John Fury acting like a tw@t and a bully.

its getting more and more like WWE

Boxing to me appears in a strange place at the mo, these Youtube fighters ( inc Jake Paul ) are bringing boxing to the mass's and with that comes these WWE antics

( though saying that, Big John is just losing it and becoming more and more of a caricature of himself )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its getting more and more like WWE

Boxing to me appears in a strange place at the mo, these Youtube fighters ( inc Jake Paul ) are bringing boxing to the mass's and with that comes these WWE antics

( though saying that, Big John is just losing it and becoming more and more of a caricature of himself )
    He's been like it for years. He's just a daft old twat who can't keep his mouth shut. People don't half get wound up by nonsense on here. Boxing sold out years ago. This fight shouldn't be anywhere near Saudi, that should be the talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    John Fury didnt do that for fight publicity he did it for John Fury publicity.

Embarrassing. 99% of us stick the head on someone in Saudi what do you reckon happens?

Its the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship of the World. It doesn't need John Fury acting like a tw@t and a bully.
    That was my thought, he's an absolutely awful human being. Sooner he disappears from the public eye better.

It's all an act. I doubt he's like that in Lidl if they run out of his favourite Marmalade.
    Did you used to post on here under the name TrueBlue ? 😂

The pissed up relative who turns up at a family do, uninvited because he’s a knob. Walks into the room to a collective groan.

I’m glad I don’t know what the hell anyone is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The pissed up relative who turns up at a family do, uninvited because he’s a knob. Walks into the room to a collective groan.
    According to Tuerto, Fury’s a really nice guy when he’s in Lidl’s

He did gouge someone's eye out once mind, you've got to be a special kind of arsehole to do that

According to Tuerto, Fury’s a really nice guy when he’s in Lidl’s
    He’s a twat every time he goes to Aldi mind.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He did gouge someone's eye out once mind, you've got to be a special kind of arsehole to do that
    To be fair it was a serious feud.......... over a bottle of beer.

People overreating massively.

Sticking your head on someone is a traveller tradition, a sign of affection and respect almost.