+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022-23 Accounts now published

Re: 2022-23 Accounts now published

I looked at it briefly a couple of days ago and apologise for not having the exact figures to hand, but I notice a bit of window dressing of the balance sheet with the valuation of the stadium up £11 million to I think £86 million. If we went tits up who on earth would pay £86 mil for a sports stadium? I’m sure there must be a covenant with the the council that it must remain a sports stadium, but maybe I’m just naive, but how can a stadium be worth £86mil?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I've been looking to see which other championship clubs have released their accounts for 2022-23 so far and how their losses compare:

Southampton £87m
    Norwich 27.2
    Bristol City 22.2
    QPR 20.3
    Preston 14.4
    Stoke 11.3
    Cardiff City 11
    Sheffield Wednesday 6.5
    Middlesbrough 6.4
    Hull 5.2
    Coventry 4.9
    Plymouth 3.4
    Rotherham 1.1

Watford made a £24m
    profit
    Hull received £16m for Keane Lewis-Potter and still managed a £5m+ loss. With their spending this season they must be close to losing £20m+ in 23/24.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Hull received £16m for Keane Lewis-Potter and still managed a £5m+ loss. With their spending this season they must be close to losing £20m+ in 23/24.
    Yeah, they do seem to have spent a lot this season.

Things about to change again?

Premier League's profitability and sustainability rules set to be replaced as early as this summer

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...as-this-summer

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I've been looking to see which other championship clubs have released their accounts for 2022-23 so far and how their losses compare:

Southampton £87m
    Norwich 27.2
    Bristol City 22.2
    QPR 20.3
    Preston 14.4
    Stoke 11.3
    Cardiff City 11
    Sheffield Wednesday 6.5
    Middlesbrough 6.4
    Hull 5.2
    Coventry 4.9
    Plymouth 3.4
    Rotherham 1.1

Watford made a £24m
    profit
    That Southampton figure is disgraceful and they did that while getting relegated! Based on that figure, it must be imperative that they are promoted either this season or next while they’re still getting parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Things about to change again?

Premier League's profitability and sustainability rules set to be replaced as early as this summer

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...as-this-summer
    Do these new rules include the obligatory Man City opt out?

I see they’ve ditched the already announced increase to EFL clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I looked at it briefly a couple of days ago and apologise for not having the exact figures to hand, but I notice a bit of window dressing of the balance sheet with the valuation of the stadium up £11 million to I think £86 million. If we went tits up who on earth would pay £86 mil for a sports stadium? I’m sure there must be a covenant with the the council that it must remain a sports stadium, but maybe I’m just naive, but how can a stadium be worth £86mil?
    The valuation will be based on the income the stadium generates. If those incomes have changed significantly then they can revalue it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do these new rules include the obligatory Man City opt out?

I see they’ve ditched the already announced increase to EFL clubs.
    They haven't ditched it, they just didn't come to an agreement on the day forecast. Apparently it was Man Citeh who refused to agree. If the don't agree soon there will be a new law passed that will require them to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They haven't ditched it, they just didn't come to an agreement on the day forecast. Apparently it was Man Citeh who refused to agree. If the don't agree soon there will be a new law passed that will require them to do it.
    Apparently it has been kicked down the road a number of times - they are clearly avoiding it as they don't want to share the lucrative deal further than it is at the moment - turkeys and Christmas and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Apparently it has been kicked down the road a number of times - they are clearly avoiding it as they don't want to share the lucrative deal further than it is at the moment - turkeys and Christmas and all that
    Exactly.