Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Everything you could possibly want to know about the stadium naming rights was covered in this thread from 2016:

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...-naming-rights

Or maybe not!

Maybe someone can remember better than me, but I thought there was an original intention to raise £9m or so from the stadium naming rights, but then it got caught up in the legal disputes with Sam. It was suggested that Sam would be entitled to some or all of that income, so Tan held back.

Since then the legal disputes with our 'President For Life' have been resolved (haven't they?) but the CCS lives on.

It could be that the club still have concerns that any revenue from naming the stadium could be claimed by Sam Hammam, or it could be that the last 5 years have been the worst time to raise stadium sponsorship money, or it could be that Vincent Tan has other plans or wants to keep that option in his back pocket.

The Cardiff City Stadium is fine with me.
Yep from memory wasnt sam promised 9mil in stadium naming rights as thats how much they would be sold for. But the club then decided to not sell them so sam got no money.

Maybe will be sorted when Sam returns........