+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

International

FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

A really tough game, Kieffer will want to score, let's see how we got on against the best team in the League on current form!

Re: Ipswich have won all of their last six games

Whilst I would want to see Ipswich go up for the Welsh players, i'd rather Leicester Southampton and Leeds out of this league for a good crack at promotion next season.

On that sort of form they’re due a loss, so are we unfortunately though

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    On that sort of form they’re due a loss, so are we unfortunately though
    I agree, the longer the winning streak the more chance there is they aredue a loss. fingers crossed.

International

Of course, we have a chance, we are difficult to be and have only conceded one goal in the last four games while winning the last three. They will see this as a very difficult fixture but would expect to win as in good form themselves and sit second in the league.

The way Ipswich are scoring for fun at the moment we are probably going to have to score at least 2 to even get a point, which doesnt bode well as weve only managed to do that once since the 1st January.

Kieffer went off with a knock the other night so theres a possibility he will miss the game, which can only be a good thing for us as I can see the crowd giving him the bird and giving him extra motivation to put one on us.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    A really tough game, Kieffer will want to score, let's see how we got on against the best team in the League on current form!
    I think that we are in for a sudden reality check after the last 4 utterly abysmal opponents.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The way Ipswich are scoring for fun at the moment we are probably going to have to score at least 2 to even get a point, which doesnt bode well as weve only managed to do that once since the 1st January.

Kieffer went off with a knock the other night so theres a possibility he will miss the game, which can only be a good thing for us as I can see the crowd giving him the bird and giving him extra motivation to put one on us.
    Agreed it's a tough game, the bookies will have us losing comfortably, I'd bite your arm off for a point, but anything can happen, let's see how good we are?

Hovath is quick off his line for one on ones, he's helping the defence and we are under less pressure, the back line and keeper are looking good, this will be a real test for them.

CARDIFF CITY v IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

Saturday 9th March, ko 12:30pm
    Live on Sky Sports

Match Officials:

Referee: OLIVER LANGFORD
    Assistants: Hristo Karaivanov and Greg Read
    Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that we are in for a sudden reality check after the last 4 utterly abysmal opponents.
    You're probably right but I do think we're playing better too - new players gelling, bit of confidence, couple of players back from injury.

Either way it'll tell us if we should be looking up or down the table.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

If we play like we did for much of the 2nd half Ipswich will batter us..
    On the other hand, if our defence keeps its recent good form, we restrict Ipswich.
    I assume there will be 1or2 changes with Siopis and Colwill starting. I would love to see ODowda on the left with Grant up top, but this may be too early to start him.
    Moore was subbed Tuesday night. Don't think he was injured, unfortunately.
    2-1 Ipswich

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    A team can only play as well as the opposition allows. City should be given credit for stopping sides playing well rather than using the negative choice of saying that we only beat them because they were crap. Huddersfield had got 10 points from 6 games before playing us, including getting a point against Leeds, no mean feat currently.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A team can only play as well as the opposition allows. City should be given credit for stopping sides playing well rather than using the negative choice of saying that we only beat them because they were crap. Huddersfield had got 10 points from 6 games before playing us, including getting a point against Leeds, no mean feat currently.
    Yes but, why let facts and common sense get in the way of a good ol' City bashing?

Bulut out!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    .................... for a good crack at promotion next season.
    I think we have to put any thoughts of promotion next year completely out of our minds. We haven't the players, will never have the budget, and even in the unlikely event of promotion next year our team would be completely out of its depth in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I agree, we did stop Bristol playing and that deserves credit. It is also pretty lazy to just say we only beat sides because they are crap, Bristol had a decent go against Ipswich after they played us and had some decent results before didn't they?
    That said, we play slow boring football whoever the opponent so it couldn't be said Bristol stopped us playing, in the same way we stopped them, because we look the same on the ball whoever we play, perhaps a little more confident with 'lesser' opponents perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes but, why let facts and common sense get in the way of a good ol' City bashing?

Bulut out!
    While I am obviously happy we have won 3 on the bounce, the only bashing I see is about the style of play, what is wrong with having a different preference for what we want to see week in week out? Why is it deemed acceptable to mock people for having a different take on current events?

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    While I am obviously happy we have won 3 on the bounce, the only bashing I see is about the style of play, what is wrong with having a different preference for what we want to see week in week out? Why is it deemed acceptable to mock people for having a different take on current events?
    If fans want to see what we have witnessed this season they are out of their heads. I can’t recall such awful performances since 1986. Would we put up with it if we were winning? Yes, but until Stoke we’d seen one home win since October.

3200 Ipswich fans coming down. Excellent effort. Should be a decent atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Absolutely.

No doubt DML, who sits in self-appointed judgement on which posters are not real fans, can barely control his excitement that we have stopped relegation-threatened Stoke and Huddersfield from playing in our recent home matches, or that we stifled 14th placed Bristol City from producing the scintillating football that every championship denizen knows they are capable of.

It's a 6 hour round trip to home games for me and the thick end of 150 quid for tickets fuel etc. If the footballs sh*t, I'll allow myself the luxury of saying as much on thismessageboard. I don't expect miracles, but some decent football would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Absolutely.

No doubt DML, who sits in self-appointed judgement on which posters are not real fans, can barely control his excitement that we have stopped relegation-threatened Stoke and Huddersfield from playing in our recent home matches, or that we stifled 14th placed Bristol City from producing the scintillating football that every championship denizen knows they are capable of.

It's a 6 hour round trip to home games for me and the thick end of 150 quid for tickets fuel etc. If the footballs sh*t, I'll allow myself the luxury of saying as much on thismessageboard. I don't expect miracles, but some decent football would be nice.
    I feel your pain. Will be setting off soon myself for another long day to see some tepid football :-(

Surely now we’ve hit the magic 50 the handbrake will be off, the players will no doubt enjoy some relief and play like we haven’t seen since September….3-1

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely now we’ve hit the magic 50 the handbrake will be off, the players will no doubt enjoy some relief and play like we haven’t seen since September….3-1

Ipswich are the top scorers in the division so our defence, needs to be at its best. I just hope we give a good account of ourselves and give them a game.

Wanted to see Ruben start. Not sure about Meite up front. Wonder how far away O’Dowda is from starting.