+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Wintle was MOTM. I thought he played well on Wednesday too. Remember Bulut played him at 10 for a few games after Ramsey got injured? Not his position at all but he never stops running.
    He's the pivot around which this team is built. Of course he's not the greatest player in the world but he has the best passing accuracy of any of the regular starters, creates by far the most chances and is 4th on the list of City players with the most goal involvements.

The Wintle-hating should stop.
    Nobody hates him, they just don't rate him for a team with play-off ambitions. If he has the best passing accuracy that might be because he passes backwards a lot and everyone else in the team gives the ball away.

I didn't think Ipswich had anything to worry about with the 8 minutes injury time, but glad to be wrong. We did pretty well for twenty minutes, did our usual thing in the second half and then the heave-ho at the end. There apparently were 81 minutes between shots on target. Sometimes it all works out and nice that it did. I can't see that happening all the time though.

If people want to hop on the Keyser Soze express of ass-pumping optimism, then great, but I'll probably stay on the heritage railway of calm, where, just as before, we'll be shortly arriving in mid-table.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v IPSWICH TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Nobody hates him, they just don't rate him for a team with play-off ambitions. If he has the best passing accuracy that might be because he passes backwards a lot and everyone else in the team gives the ball away.

I didn't think Ipswich had anything to worry about with the 8 minutes injury time, but glad to be wrong. We did pretty well for twenty minutes, did our usual thing in the second half and then the heave-ho at the end. There apparently were 81 minutes between shots on target. Sometimes it all works out and nice that it did. I can't see that happening all the time though.

If people want to hop on the Keyser Soze express of ass-pumping optimism, then great, but I'll probably stay on the heritage railway of calm, where, just as before, we'll be shortly arriving in mid-table.
    I was responding to Goats writing "Wintle the weak".

He was our captain today! That's an awful thing to write about any of the team, let alone the captain!

I understand that some of our fanbase don't rate Wintle but, to be honest, I don't rate their opinions. Perry Ng excepted, Wintle has played the most minutes of any City player over the last 3 seasons under a variety of managers so these professional football experts clearly have a higher opinion of Wintle than people with no professional football experience or expertise at all.