+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin Colwill - The Welsh Jari Litmanen?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rubin Colwill - The Welsh Jari Litmanen?

Am I a lone voice in disagreement? I would LOVE Colwill to come good and fulfil his potential, I really would...BUT.
    He is nearly 22. He is like bambi on the field....easily bumped off the ball.....never jumps when a ball is lifted forward (he just stands in front of the defender)....he has the occasional flicks, but he looks clumsy with not much turn of speed. His one opportunity last night he fluffed... good run forward but then scuffed the shot tamely when there was space ahead of him.

...and yes he should be able to play two full games in a week...if selected...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Am I a lone voice in disagreement? I would LOVE Colwill to come good and fulfil his potential, I really would...BUT.
    He is nearly 22. He is like bambi on the field....easily bumped off the ball.....never jumps when a ball is lifted forward (he just stands in front of the defender)....he has the occasional flicks, but he looks clumsy with not much turn of speed. His one opportunity last night he fluffed... good run forward but then scuffed the shot tamely when there was space ahead of him.

I tend to agree. I'd love him to do well, but he's not being coached properly at Cardiff, and I fear he might just be loaned out and drift away. I hope I'm wrong, because he clearly has something, but there's been a few managers now who have struggled to get him to produce it regularly on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I tend to agree. I'd love him to do well, but he's not being coached properly at Cardiff, and I fear he might just be loaned out and drift away. I hope I'm wrong, because he clearly has something, but there's been a few managers now who have struggled to get him to produce it regularly on the pitch.
    You can't coach someone to be strong and fast. He's started for 3 managers at City, yet none of them seem to be able to get "the best" out of him. He beat two men yesterday, only the had the goalie to beat and chose to shoot from outside the area. Who coached him to do that? Maybe this is his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

I would have generally agreed for most of this season but I really think he’s improved a lot, I think he’s done enough recently to make me think he can be a key player next season if he continues to improve.