+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: These 3 Wins On The Bounce

These 3 Wins On The Bounce

Seems to have affected a few on here, I like a drink but reading some posts suggest some are celebrating 9 points like a Champions League win, a Eurovision Song Contest win & 6 numbers rolled into one. The extreme views either way in some threads are great entertainment. Some have to be wind up merchants. The internet may explode if we beat Ipswich……can’t wait.

Re: These 3 Wins On The Bounce

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Seems to have affected a few on here, I like a drink but reading some posts suggest some are celebrating 9 points like a Champions League win, a Eurovision Song Contest win & 6 numbers rolled into one. The extreme views either way in some threads are great entertainment. Some have to be wind up merchants. The internet may explode if we beat Ipswich……can’t wait.
    In this division, 3 wins in a row is gold dust wherever the opponents are in the league.

Only a match against Rotherham guarantees a victory.

Bristol City thrashed Southampton just before we beat them away.

Huddersfield drew against Leeds with 10 men for over a half.

Stoke have the manager who did so well with Plymouth as he saw them as a bigger club.

I'm a bit fed up with posters who say everyone we beat is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    In this division, 3 wins in a row is gold dust wherever the opponents are in the league.

Stoke have the manager who did so well with Plymouth as he saw them as a bigger club.

Obviously one particular poster has provided entertainment this afternoon and long may it continue as it is a great antidote to the usual doom and gloom which makes this board tedious on occasions

Happy we have more or less secured our championship status for next season and personally would like to see bulut extends his contract and see what he can do with a bit of a freer reign - that is down to the club to offer it to him and for him to accept which I am not sure he will

After the football and results we have had for the last few months I think we can allow people to be pleased.

It's good to see City winning games, and clear of any relegation worries with time to spare.
    But the football on show - well, that's something else.
    Can't see us selling many season tickets if the current dire displays continue.
    Watching paint dry is almost a better option.

Did you watch those 4 games out of interest?

They are all terrible sides but thankfully we were slightly less terrible.

I’ll take any 3 points but I’m not going to pretend that we are suddenly a good side. That is plainly ridiculous.

when was the last time we had 4 in a row?

International

There have been comments like, well the league must be rubbish because we are 10th, and we are lucky we had a good start, and we are lucky because their striker should have scored, and we are not scoring the right type of goals!

Some posters are hating us winning some games and Bulut making the most of the players he has at his disposal, I guess some people are only happy when they are miserable!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did you watch those 4 games out of interest?

They are all terrible sides but thankfully we were slightly less terrible.

I’ll take any 3 points but I’m not going to pretend that we are suddenly a good side. That is plainly ridiculous.
    We are better than 14 other teams

International

Well said

We are looking very solid and hard to beat, I think there is a big gap from the top six down but on our day we are as good as all of the rest

Top half finish predicted and that's back on course even without Kieffer and Ramsey, so we are doing well, big test Saturday mind!

Why would you not enjoy 3 wins on the bounce. Although it is odd that some people seem disappointed when we win.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Why would you not enjoy 3 wins on the bounce. Although it is odd that some people seem disappointed when we win.
    My view too. Really odd few days on here. I'm used to the vitriol when we lose but now it's just as bad when we win. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    My view too. Really odd few days on here. I'm used to the vitriol when we lose but now it's just as bad when we win. Bizarre.
    That’s what I was getting at, I’ve loved the 9 points, long may the wins continue. It’s the ‘one extreme to the other’ posts that have entertained me, the ‘happy mediums’ seem to be in the minority. I did give my take on it in the match thread the other night. Beginning of the season I said the old Pete Wingfield song ‘18th With A Bulut (sic)’ would be an improvement on previous campaigns. However he’s significantly improved on our league placing, BUT, now he’s done that I would like him to loosen the shackles. Surely we can be a bit more adventurous now, a sort of shit or bust thing. We can afford to lose now, can’t we? but as long as we start ‘having a go’, Bulut should avoid too much flak.

There's absolutely no balance on here. Can't chat, just looking for the best hotel deals for North West london in may...

That’s what I was getting at, I’ve loved the 9 points, long may the wins continue. It’s the ‘one extreme to the other’ posts that have entertained me, the ‘happy mediums’ seem to be in the minority. I did give my take on it in the match thread the other night. Beginning of the season I said the old Pete Wingfield song ‘18th With A Bulut (sic)’ would be an improvement on previous campaigns. However he’s significantly improved on our league placing, BUT, now he’s done that I would like him to loosen the shackles. Surely we can be a bit more adventurous now, a sort of shit or bust thing. We can afford to lose now, can’t we? but as long as we start ‘having a go’, Bulut should avoid too much flak.
    He isn't playing conservatively, that's how he plays, that's as good as it gets (or bad depending on your viewpoint) The tactics aren't going to change, just the players, if he's still with us.

So if we change everything for Swansea, 'loosen the shackles' but lose by 3 or 4 then you don't think Bulut will get any flak? This board will melt and posters will be demanding he should resign on the spot. And some of the posters doing it will be the ones who were making out the Bristol City win was a let down because we didn't play any football.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's good to see City winning games, and clear of any relegation worries with time to spare.
    But the football on show - well, that's something else.
    Can't see us selling many season tickets if the current dire displays continue.
    Watching paint dry is almost a better option.
    The same was said last season and the season before that, if we can't sell the same amount after a much improved season than the previous two then our fanbase really are just glutton for punishment

I predict a similar amount will be sold as season, unless we can win 6/7 of our last 10 in which case people will only remember our form for the final 1/4 and sales will increase.

So if we change everything for Swansea, 'loosen the shackles' but lose by 3 or 4 then you don't think Bulut will get any flak? This board will melt and posters will be demanding he should resign on the spot. And some of the posters doing it will be the ones who were making out the Bristol City win was a let down because we didn't play any football.
    Aye, perhaps, I was hoping against hope long may the messageboard mayhem continue. It’s a wonder the messageboard survived the Cup Finals & promotions

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We are better than 14 other teams
    Can you imagine what the other 10 must be like?! lol

Aye, perhaps, I was hoping against hope long may the messageboard mayhem continue. It’s a wonder the messageboard survived the Cup Finals & promotions
    It's mental. I'm glad this board doesn't reflect the fan base as a whole, we'd have been the first team in history to get booed off after winning a local derby last weekend. Then the players and Bulut would've been chased off the pitch after winning three in a row last night.

What I want to know is when and why did something happening consecutively become "on the bounce"? For the first fifty years of my life it was "in a row" or "on the trot", now it's on the bounce and it's driving me mad!

Also, why can't I say that my team has been playing boring, negative football for about a decade now - it's the truth. Until Russell Slade came along I was very much in the as long as we win I don't care camp, but I'm not any more - modern Cardiff City sides have done that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What I want to know is when and why did something happening consecutively become "on the bounce"? For the first fifty years of my life it was "in a row" or "on the trot", now it's on the bounce and it's driving me mad!

Also, why can't I say that my team has been playing boring, negative football for about a decade now - it's the truth. Until Russell Slade came along I was very much in the as long as we win I don't care camp, but I'm not any more - modern Cardiff City sides have done that to me.
    Just did a bit of investigating, ‘on the bounce’, meaning suddenly or in quick succession was first used in Hardy’s ‘The Mayor of Casterbridge’ in 1886. Although in sport it seems it came into fashion in the 1990s. ‘On the bounce’, ‘On the trot’? Perhaps the City could be coining a new phrase, ‘On the dourness’

Just did a bit of investigating, ‘on the bounce’, meaning suddenly or in quick succession was first used in Hardy’s ‘The Mayor of Casterbridge’ in 1886. Although in sport it seems it came into fashion in the 1990s. ‘On the bounce’, ‘On the trot’? Perhaps the City could be coining a new phrase, ‘On the dourness’
    So, it's probably been in use for longer than in a row and on the trot. That does surprise me. I associate Jeff Stelling with on the bounce, he was the first person I noticed using the term about twenty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Replying to your second paragraph. Of course you can say that the football is boring & negative. By the same token, others can say we’re on the verge of ‘ManCityness’. The differing views make the board more interesting, however bizarre some posts are. At least they’re about football rather than ‘Dripford’, ‘20 miles an hour’ or ‘Rubbish collection’.

Replying to your second paragraph. Of course you can say that the football is boring & negative. By the same token, others can say we’re on the verge of ‘ManCityness’. The differing views make the board more interesting, however bizarre some posts are. At least they’re about football rather than ‘Dripford’, ‘20 miles an hour’ or ‘Rubbish collection’.
    True. I thought the first half against Stoke was quite good, but, that apart, we've still been boring in our last three games, the only difference being that we've been dull and boring while winning and I appreciate that's enough for some.