+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This can’t be right.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This can’t be right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There you go again, making out you know what I’m thinking.

The amount of money involved here is relatively small I know, but I find it interesting and telling that you and Pipster have centred on the amount involved, whereas I look at the principle behind the issue. What Michelle Donelan did was disgraceful - it was not like some construction worker making an expensive mistake, she went out of her way to come down hard on someone who was innocent of what she was accused and Donelan then put pressure on what’s supposed to be an independent body to suspend her.

That should be a sacking offence for a politician of any party - why should I, or anyone else, pay towards making sure that Donelan escapes Scot free?
    Because that's how things work. Why should I pay to fix any mistake made in any public sector organisation? Why shouldn't that person pay it themselves?

I can go on and on, but won't because I think the point is made tbh.

I obviously agree with you that you can't accuse people of things without reason to do so, but I do understand why she isn't paying it out herself. That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Because that's how things work. Why should I pay to fix any mistake made in any public sector organisation? Why shouldn't that person pay it themselves?

I can go on and on, but won't because I think the point is made tbh.

I obviously agree with you that you can't accuse people of things without reason to do so, but I do understand why she isn't paying it out herself. That's the difference.
    As Jon said earlier, was Donelan acting in an official capacity when she was posting libelous accusations on social media and was she carrying out her Ministerial brief when she put pressure on to get a suspension? I think that’s arguable at best because Donelan would appear to have acted on personal feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As Jon said earlier, was Donelan acting in an official capacity when she was posting libelous accusations on social media and was she carrying out her Ministerial brief when she put pressure on to get a suspension? I think that’s arguable at best because Donelan would appear to have acted on personal feelings.
    Evidently she got it wrong, but it's part of her remit to comment on such matters if she felt someone deeply inappropriate had been appointed to that board. No one disputes she got it wrong, she'll pay a price, but I don't think she, or any other politician would be paying the sum from their own pockets.

Just looked it up and taxpayers paid out £2.7bn in 2022/23 for claims and legal costs.

It's a huge issue and maybe we should scrutinise that a bit more too?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Evidently she got it wrong, but it's part of her remit to comment on such matters if she felt someone deeply inappropriate had been appointed to that board. No one disputes she got it wrong, she'll pay a price, but I don't think she, or any other politician would be paying the sum from their own pockets.

Just looked it up and taxpayers paid out £2.7bn in 2022/23 for claims and legal costs.

It's a huge issue and maybe we should scrutinise that a bit more too?
    Sorry, that £2.7bn is NHS alone.

I thought this would be a sound thread, as clear as day that the Minister was in the wrong and acting in a libellous manner is no part of anyone’s job. But lo and behold, the same tossers are on here justifying it. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I thought this would be a sound thread, as clear as day that the Minister was in the wrong and acting in a libellous manner is no part of anyone’s job. But lo and behold, the same tossers are on here justifying it. Unreal.
    So - anyone who dares disagree with your opinion is a tosser ?

....meanwhile....just see what they're doing to carers. https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...clear-his-name