Remember that? At the time when Sam Hammam was having a wobble, a meeting was called at the old Ninian Park boardroom. If memory serves me well it was a midweeker, maybe a Wednesday or a Thursday, and a cold evening.

Merv of the Valleys Rams, Daya, Mr Abrahams and Big Sam from Merthyr were in the room with several of the Soul Crew, and a few of us other fans by invite. We had a few beers while Sam presented his latest plan.

There were a few doubters in the room that evening but Sam Hammam pulled out this framed photograph he used to keep on the wall, from when he was a child. It was given to him by his mum in the Lebanon, as one of the inspiring mottos he had to use in life.

On the photo was a kayaker, moving left to right in a river, navigating some ugly rocks. The saying was: “Winners Never Quit. Quitters Never Win.” A great saying to live by in life.

This weekend will be a challenge. Clearly some are playing the role of a Doubting Thomas. But as fans you need to BREAK THROUGH THAT SHIT. Get behind the team. Believe in it.

Convoys of straw-hatters are travelling by Massey Ferguson to Cardiff expecting a win. We will show them otherwise. We will beat Ipswich this weekend and non-believers can sniff my nuts while I beat them with a wet South Wales Echo. 2-0 to City on Saturday.

WINNERS NEVER QUIT. QUITTERS NEVER WIN. BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!! AT 12.30 SATURDAY WE ARE DISHING IT OUT!!!! TAILS BETWEEN LEGS GOING EAST AROUND 2.15PM SATURDAY.

LATERZ, MASTURBATORS