+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deleted What’s app messages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Deleted What’s app messages

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why try and be clever when you’re doing the opposite?

Then again , it’s from you so it’s exactly what you do.

So , don’t you think it’s odd that all the what’s apps related to the entire enquiry have all been deleted when it’s known for a fact that it’s simply untrue that they can’t be retrieved?
    Sigh.

Yes, things deleted from computers can often be recovered - but sometimes they cant. If the deleted memory is overwritten with something else then it's obviously a lot more difficult.

Yes it would be interesting to see various deleted messages, but I don't think we can go demanding that Whatsapp give us the keys to their severs over this - no serious crime is committed

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Sigh.

Yes, things deleted from computers can often be recovered - but sometimes they cant. If the deleted memory is overwritten with something else then it's obviously a lot more difficult.

Yes it would be interesting to see various deleted messages, but I don't think we can go demanding that Whatsapp give us the keys to their severs over this - no serious crime is committed
    If you know how what’s app works you will know that all of its servers are retrievable. You don’t appear to have a clue what you’re talking about so in cases like that , perhaps you should just STFU rather than dropping snide rhetoric

It’s like people who store their data on a cloud , who do you think owns the cloud

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If you know how what’s app works you will know that all of its servers are retrievable. You don’t appear to have a clue what you’re talking about so in cases like that , perhaps you should just STFU rather than dropping snide rhetoric

It’s like people who store their data on a cloud , who do you think owns the cloud
    I do know how what's app works and how they use their servers. maybe you should look it up.

same principle applies, it's easy to recover deleted messages unless the memory it was stored on is reused.

I do know how what's app works and how they use their servers. maybe you should look it up.

same principle applies, it's easy to recover deleted messages unless the memory it was stored on is reused.
    I don’t think you do , otherwise you would have not tried to troll the O.P but that’s what you and a few others do when anything that’s against the narrative is simply questioned.

The post was a simple statement, no agenda or ConSpirACy.

Hope that helps

Melt

It's easy to recover deleted messages unless the memory it was stored on is reused.
    I don't think TWGL1 is talking about personal devices here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think TWGL1 is talking about personal devices here.
    the same principal applies to data saved on "the cloud" - that's just another computer somewhere else ultimately - if it has been deleted from there then it can sometimes still be recovered but not always

the same principal applies to data saved on "the cloud" - that's just another computer somewhere else ultimately - if it has been deleted from there then it can sometimes still be recovered but not always
    Who do you think owns the cloud storage?

Anyway , the nuances of recovery aside , don’t you think it’s very odd indeed that all leaders deleted their messages during such an important period in history when they were advised not to delete them because of the fact an enquiry into the data would be made?

“Evidence to Sturgeon's closest ally Liz Lloyd revealed they discussed Covid* decisions on WhatsApp during pandemic, shedding doubt on first minister's*claims she did not do government by WhatsApp. Ex-leader claimed she deleted correspondence bcs there was no decision making on it”

You need to learn a thing or two about digital forensics and tools like Cellebrite.