+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Etete

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Etete

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Erm…. To see how to battle against the defender who’s marking you. I thought Meite gave as good as he got yesterday, unlike Etete.
    Erm….

Would you call that a great example of a central striker yesterday?

He didn’t have a single shot yesterday never mind shot on target.
    He picked the ball up in wide areas and deep never even threatening their defence.
    He ran the wrong channels and lost possession of the ball.
    He did do a bit of battling but that was it.

If you compared to Moore, maybe. But Meite? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Erm….

Would you call that a great example of a central striker yesterday?

He didn’t have a single shot yesterday never mind shot on target.
    He picked the ball up in wide areas and deep never even threatening their defence.
    He ran the wrong channels and lost possession of the ball.
    He did do a bit of battling but that was it.

If you compared to Moore, maybe. But Meite? Really?
    Moore’s not with us now so let Ipswich fans criticise him, as they were on their forums despite his goal.

I’m comparing Meite’s performance yesterday as opposed to Etete’s efforts this season, as they’re both our players. Meite won plenty of aerial duels which, unfortunately, we lacked a co striker to capitalise on. He did plenty of battling, giving their centre back as good as he gave out. He didn’t spend time on his arse, waving his arms in the air after nearly every duel. I was very happy with Meite’s contribution yesterday, as I was with the team as a whole.

If we released Etete over the off-season i'd be surprised if any L1 club picked him up. He is neither athletic or skillful enough for the championship. His best game was Rotherham home and they are plainly not championship and we were dominant all over the field that day.
    Centre forwards like Kieffer keeps the two centre halves close to him as well as the defensive midfielder so that gives space to Chaplin. Yesterday we shut that down. But that took 3 players out to cover 2 so their wide players have more time and space. As soon as Kieffer left we had a field day. At this stage in his career, I doubt Etete could get the better of NG playing man to man.

Meite has the athleticism you require in the championship but his skillset is lacking, great squad player if we kick on over the summer.

We need two target men over the summer