+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Etete

Etete

Have a look at how Meite played today.

Re: Etete

Two very different players, different body shapes, etc.

I felt like Meite didn’t play midweek as we would need his running today. Obviously Etete injured and that seems to happened every time he picks up a little bit of form, thought Etete played well the other week.

Problem is Etete clearly has talent but he should be out on loan playing regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I felt like Meite didn’t play midweek as we would need his running today. Obviously Etete injured and that seems to happened every time he picks up a little bit of form, thought Etete played well the other week.

Problem is Etete clearly has talent but he should be out on loan playing regularly.
    Yes. Meite hasn't started that often. I thought he was good against the Jacks but obviously he hasn't fitted in for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. Meite hasn't started that often. I thought he was good against the Jacks but obviously he hasn't fitted in for whatever reason.
    I feel like Bulut sees him as an important a squad player. He knows what he will give. I think we would have seen more of him wide if it wasn’t for the poor options upfront and the more options wide.

He certainly seems a character in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I feel like Bulut sees him as an important a squad player. He knows what he will give. I think we would have seen more of him wide if it wasn’t for the poor options upfront and the more options wide.

He certainly seems a character in the dressing room.
    He's totally wasted out wide. Bulut has his system and players fit it or they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's totally wasted out wide. Bulut has his system and players fit it or they don't.
    I’m not so sure, he played wide more often earlier in the season and pre-season. I think that was the initial idea at least and I think he offers something wide, he’s not a scorer but he works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Never mind that .I raise you with Keiffer Moore

Careful now. Don’t criticise him…..

Why?

Probably not the right thread to voice this opinion but I dont rate Meite at all. Had we lost that game it would have been the difference between him and Moore.

He seems slow and lacking stamina (possibly a consequence of that terrible knee injury) and often drifts wide leaving no-one in the middle. We had 15 shots yesterday and I cant remember him having one.

Dont get me wrong he's a tryer and he works his backside off, he just doesn't seem anything like the player he was at Reading a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Probably not the right thread to voice this opinion but I dont rate Meite at all. Had we lost that game it would have been the difference between him and Moore.

He seems slow and lacking stamina (possibly a consequence of that terrible knee injury) and often drifts wide leaving no-one in the middle. We had 15 shots yesterday and I cant remember him having one.

Dont get me wrong he's a tryer and he works his backside off, he just doesn't seem anything like the player he was at Reading a few years ago.
    Etete and Meite are not strikers by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why?
    Erm…. To see how to battle against the defender who’s marking you. I thought Meite gave as good as he got yesterday, unlike Etete.

Erm…. To see how to battle against the defender who’s marking you. I thought Meite gave as good as he got yesterday, unlike Etete.
    Erm….

Would you call that a great example of a central striker yesterday?

He didn’t have a single shot yesterday never mind shot on target.
    He picked the ball up in wide areas and deep never even threatening their defence.
    He ran the wrong channels and lost possession of the ball.
    He did do a bit of battling but that was it.

If you compared to Moore, maybe. But Meite? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Erm….

Would you call that a great example of a central striker yesterday?

He didn’t have a single shot yesterday never mind shot on target.
    He picked the ball up in wide areas and deep never even threatening their defence.
    He ran the wrong channels and lost possession of the ball.
    He did do a bit of battling but that was it.

If you compared to Moore, maybe. But Meite? Really?
    Moore’s not with us now so let Ipswich fans criticise him, as they were on their forums despite his goal.

I’m comparing Meite’s performance yesterday as opposed to Etete’s efforts this season, as they’re both our players. Meite won plenty of aerial duels which, unfortunately, we lacked a co striker to capitalise on. He did plenty of battling, giving their centre back as good as he gave out. He didn’t spend time on his arse, waving his arms in the air after nearly every duel. I was very happy with Meite’s contribution yesterday, as I was with the team as a whole.

If we released Etete over the off-season i'd be surprised if any L1 club picked him up. He is neither athletic or skillful enough for the championship. His best game was Rotherham home and they are plainly not championship and we were dominant all over the field that day.
    Centre forwards like Kieffer keeps the two centre halves close to him as well as the defensive midfielder so that gives space to Chaplin. Yesterday we shut that down. But that took 3 players out to cover 2 so their wide players have more time and space. As soon as Kieffer left we had a field day. At this stage in his career, I doubt Etete could get the better of NG playing man to man.

Meite has the athleticism you require in the championship but his skillset is lacking, great squad player if we kick on over the summer.

We need two target men over the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post

I tend to agree with you, his record at Reading pre and post that injury suggests we’d have a different opinion if he was playing for us five or six years ago. I’d say that any comments regarding a striker playing for us through this season have to qualified by them being left in isolation for long periods though.

Yesterday, the City target man had the relative luxury of having team mates near by as we made perhaps our most front foot start of the season and I didn’t see much influence of our early dominance being down to a rampaging striker dominating a pair of centre backs. After the first fifteen minutes, Meite had an hour on the pitch where he was left to cope by himself in the same way as Etete, Ugbo and Diedhiou have been for most of the time.

Ipswich must have ended the game thinking that the worst thing they did was score - would we have seen the same grandstand finish if it had been 0-0? As it was Diedhiou had what was probably his first experience of playing for a Cardiff team that was really going for it and I thought he did pretty well - will we end up with a higher opinion of our strikers if we play our final nine games with the attacking intent we showed against Ipswich?