+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Disagree?

Anyone Disagree?

Were in form at the moment; were looking much better. There's always a surprise team with momentum who creeps into the play offs! Could it be us?

Re: Anyone Disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Were in form at the moment; were looking much better. There's always a surprise team with momentum who creeps into the play offs! Could it be us?
    I think we need 6 wins. 2 to join those in the top 6 plus 4 more.

I laughed at Iwan Roberts on Radio Wales this morning when he said we were 7 points behind but we could recover that in 2 games.....

Of course it is possible. If we managed it, it would be one hell of a turn around from great start, terrible middle to great end. I'd be more worried about facing Leeds, Southampton etc, no disrespect, but over 2 legs far better sides than us.

Possible but unlikely

Never say never, I’d have the same opinion if it was the reverse at the bottom end of the table.

I don’t think so though, I think we are a few players short and just to many points behind to put on real pressure. But as I’ve said so many times football can change very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Possible but unlikely
    Totally agree Richard but we've got a sliver of hope which we didn't have a few weeks ago. I'd settle for a thriller for the last weeks of the season even if we fall short.

Can’t rule us out yet but I doubt it.

Totally agree Richard but we've got a sliver of hope which we didn't have a few weeks ago. I'd settle for a thriller for the last weeks of the season even if we fall short.
    I would settle for us beating the jacks and blooding colwill and Ashford so we can see if they can move towards the first team and therefore helping us understand our true recruitment needs next year.

I know you can never turn down promotion but for me not this year thanks. If people have been miserable the last few months before this mini run god help us if we were being spanked every week

Also we need to sort a manager so we CAN actually plan - it's taken a month for our Jan signings to settle

I can’t see both Hull & Norwich collapsing. They both have similar run ins to us, if anything we have the toughest, especially at home. I think we’ll be short by 6 points.

I’m just happy to be safe in the division as i think the safety total will be higher than average this year. Time to relax for the last 9 games and as someone mentioned, blood some of the youngsters.

There is also an opportunity to reinvest a little more money in the squad during the close season due to the not so insignificant EFL T.V deal for 24/25

The new deal represents a 50% increase on the value of the current rights agreement and will see enhanced exposure for all EFL clubs provided through on-air and digital support from Sky Sports to promote EFL competitions, clubs, and community initiatives.

To many teams in same situation

Can’t see it happening but it would be very funny if the jacks went down…..

Its always the hope that kills you. Four wins on the bounce, beating Ipswich yesterday to go 5 points off the playoffs and hardly any games against the top 6 in our run in...

I am starting to think its possible so we'll probably have a collapse in form, sack Bulut and bring back Steve Morrison.

I'd be quite content to finish where we are now and use the rest of the season to settle and prep for next season.

A couple of ‘ ‘ might help

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    To many teams in same situation, we’re chasing you down
    Finished the sentence for you

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Capture.jpg

Could it be? possibly
    will it be? probably not

it's not impossible but pretty unlikely. I think the top 7 teams are clearly better than us at the moment.

if Ramsey comes back and elevated us to the next level, one or more of Diedhieu, Grant , meite start to show the kind of goalscoring record that they have done in the past and/or some of the youngsters really kick on to the next level.

more likely is we continue to bumble along at our current level.

I'd estimate we have a less than 10% chance of making the playoffs. and if we did a less than 1 in 4 chance of winning them. - so a 1 or 2% chance of going up this season

Now that West Brom have 63 points, it looks as though Norwich, Hull & Coventry are best placed for the final play-off spot with Preston and Cardiff having an outside chance.

Norwich look to be in pole position given their remaining fixtures.

Capture.JPG

Hull & Coventry have more demanding fixtures than Norwich.

Preston have a very tough finale.

Cardiff arguably have the easiest run-in and must hope that teams above them will get lots of draws against their nearest rivals.

Clearer view of remaining fixtures:

Capture.JPG